Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: new fractal ships!  (Read 1664 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: March 07, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »

hi there, since user zigfried uploads his image solely to the member gallery which does not get
promoted with a posting i hint you to his most recent uploads

he is doing artwork with massive ultrafractal layering, and each of his creations are remarkable
here is his gallery:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=394;u=1162

this is the last image in his series
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=13548

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »

That's really nice indeed. I understand those are compositions of multiple fractals plus regular images for the ships?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »

as he is writing in the description of each image:

EVERY IMAGE IS DONE 100% in ultrafractal, most people do not get this fact, i personally wonder what the layer count in his images is, but it could be easily extend over 100 layers ...

he has as well done a tutorial about perspective correct image creation using ultrafractal

and furthermore he is willing to contribute an image of his creations in the upcoming calendar wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
zonepatcher
Conqueror

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 12:26:15 PM »

yes..dis is what can n should be done wit fractal software
thanks fer da public service inna linkin dis great fractal artist cK.
excellent work n breath takin beautiful digital visual
powerful n potent vision shocked
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »

as he is writing in the description of each image:

EVERY IMAGE IS DONE 100% in ultrafractal, most people do not get this fact, i personally wonder what the layer count in his images is, but it could be easily extend over 100 layers ...
That makes it even more amazing than I had expected!

Wow

Congratulations
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:33:59 PM by Dinkydau » Logged

ziegfrid
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:43:30 AM »

Thanks to Christian for opening this thread!
Well regarding my works, they are done 100% with fractals, absolutely no use of imported, painted or so images! Using an image, even an imported texture would kill the meaning of a fractal for me. Also as some fractals are used for various competitions or designs for different clothes sometimes, they could be needed in a very high resolutions like 23,000px sometimes, or say making 2 versions of a fractal - rectangular and square. I could not count on using images, all has to be resolution independent and flexible to be rearranged quickly for the needs. The unique thing I permit myself is sometimes to change a blend mode of a fractal layer with some of the PhotoShop blending modes for example to change "screen" mode to "color dodge" if I think this will make the picture more expressive. Sure as there are some differences  between raw preview in UF and final antialiased render, the transparency of some layers is often adjusted also.
I don't use many layers, especially in my recent works. 75 is the most ever used quantity of layers by me but for old fractal. All recent fractals, use between 20 and 30 layers. I use many masks, 7-9 sometimes for specific layer, but I think this is normal.
Ships are very easy to make for me, practically I could make a ship even from a simple Mandelbrot. Sure I have some more artistic formulas for this wink

--------------------------------------------------------------
This is impossible! - said the Reason.
This is desperate! - noticed the Experience.
This is useless! - cut the Pride.
Just try... - whispered the Dream.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 11:58:03 AM »

You inspired me to make something like this in Apophysis.

Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 06:06:41 PM »

Amazing art work man. Wow.
ziegfrid
Forums Newbie

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 09:38:05 PM »

You inspired me to make something like this in Apophysis.
Thanks Dinkydau!!!
Well, I've done quite a lot with Apophysis too - http://raysheaf.deviantart.com/gallery/24744453
However, although the color output is excellent, I just don't feel this perfect control I have with UF. Also I just don't understand, how the program (and so many variations) can be free, while a faster renderer like Chaotica is payed. Why don't the authors of Apo throw everything to make the program really as it should be?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------
This is impossible! - said the Reason.
This is desperate! - noticed the Experience.
This is useless! - cut the Pride.
Just try... - whispered the Dream.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »

I know what you mean. Apophysis could use many improvements. It needs proper multi-core support and more efficient rendering. It also needs an option to create an images during the render process. The main program is still not 64 bit. And a couple things more. The lack of control is because there are no layers in apophysis. A recent (or not that recent anymore) addition to the program, Xaos, makes layer-like things possible, but it's not actually layers. I actually like that about apophysis, because everything is really a raw fractal.
Because I've used apophysis for a couple of years I know my way around the program, while in ultra fractal I wouldn't know where to start right now.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:46:01 PM by Dinkydau » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: