Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: MB3D_0466_hd  (Read 574 times)
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« on: February 22, 2013, 11:08:24 PM »

MB3D_0466_hd

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=13495

DE comb: Min lin
HeightMap2IFS SphereHeightMap CylinderHeightMap TorusIFS Menger1-IFS
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:11:20 PM »

wohoo, dude, you really seeem to love those 16 bit heightmaps, and the gm rendering, i wonder what really makes the difference, do the 16 bit heightmaps provide such a difference ?for the plates on the floor it does not look like it would have been neccesary, but the round extrusions from the tube are really looking damn smooth, which is really awesome!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 03:21:52 AM »

wohoo, dude, you really seeem to love those 16 bit heightmaps, and the gm rendering, i wonder what really makes the difference, do the 16 bit heightmaps provide such a difference ?for the plates on the floor it does not look like it would have been neccesary, but the round extrusions from the tube are really looking damn smooth, which is really awesome!

What is gm rendering?

Half sphere height map is an image of a circuit diagram combined with a mosaic of varying shades of gray squares (255 levels of gray).
Ground plane is mosaic of varying shades of gray squares created in Photoshop. (255 levels)

Vertical cylinder height map is from Bryce Terrain editor using the Deep Texture editor. (Search for Bryce DTE on YouTube)
Exported from Bryce as 16bit grayscale PNG but when I open it in Photoshop it just shows 255 levels.
I am confused by that.

Still trying to figure out how MarkJayBee created such a smooth height map in The Drowned World
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »

with gm i meat "global illumination" my fault ... using "gm" instead of "gi"  mandelbulb3d calls it "mc" for monte carlo

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 08:18:15 AM »

with gm i meat "global illumination" my fault ... using "gm" instead of "gi"  mandelbulb3d calls it "mc" for monte carlo

I have just done a few test renders with the MC (Monte Carlo) renderer.
I am waiting until Jesse implements the new random number algorithm which cleans up a lot of the noise.
tobiles
Alien

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:20:13 PM »

Okay, I give up looking, and have to ask ... HOW DO I SET UP AN IMAGE TO USE FOR A HEIGHT MAP??? I have looked everywhere I can think to look and am not finding a clue. It reaches a point of frustration in such searching where I want to scream. Please tell me what obvious thing I am missing. I have so many ideas for height maps and no idea how to start.
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:58:23 PM »

Okay, I give up looking, and have to ask ... HOW DO I SET UP AN IMAGE TO USE FOR A HEIGHT MAP??? I have looked everywhere I can think to look and am not finding a clue. It reaches a point of frustration in such searching where I want to scream. Please tell me what obvious thing I am missing. I have so many ideas for height maps and no idea how to start.

See attachment parameter.
Search Google for seamless texture images and add to the M3Maps folder numbering them sequentially.
Experiment.

* test DE comb.m3p (1.93 KB - downloaded 41 times.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:09:25 PM by 0Encrypted0 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: