Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FractView  (Read 11712 times)
Description: New app for Android with support for custom functions
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 08:34:04 AM »

Some more interesting pics:

3rd order Burning ship ((abs(zr) + i abs (zi))^3+c:

4th order Burning ship ((abs(zr) + i abs (zi))^4+c:

Divergent islands in non-divergent area:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:36:48 AM by bkercso » Logged
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 10:34:06 AM »

Searles:
"It is not a big surprise that LastArc allows deeper zooms than Sum* since in Sum* values of the orbit are summed so that also small rounding mistakes add up more."

Is it sure that this is the reason? If it is, I would must not can get sharp contours I think. Not the contours is the problem but color gradient. There is no transition between colors.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:36:04 AM by bkercso » Logged
searles
Alien

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 05:42:19 PM »

General announcement: I just uploaded a new version. I put in some suggestions (caching, bookmarks, use min/max-values) and also I think that I improved usability for Transfers. Here's a list:

* Bookmarks, yes bookmarks cheesy

* Caching: Values are kept so that changing colors, and also transfer + transfer range, does not require recalculating the whole image. Parts of the cache are kept when moving the image or changing the number of iterations. Also, convergent points are kept when you just pick a different Method for divergent points.

* Moved 'length' from palette into 'transfer' as Min-Max-values. Also, added a menu to pick transfer method.

* Automatically set the range of colors. This can be done by unselecting "Custom Range" in the transfer menu.

* Sharing + Set as Wallpaper in Save-menu.

* Last fractal is stored when the application terminates, and reused when restarting.

* If you accidentially tab the screen, you got 1/6 seconds to untab it.

* For Burning Ship, there is a new function "cabs" that is defined as follows: cabs p = abs re p + i abs im p. So, burning ship now becomes "sqr cabs z + c". There is also a "polar"-function (for those who remember it from FractInt)

* When you add a new color, a random color is generated.

* Instead of "zn1" use "z1" to access the last element in orbit.

* For arguments with multiple parameters, I now use a more LISP-like syntax (for 99.9% of functions, this is irrelevant, but for Nova fractals the syntax now is "nova (x^3-1) ; 1 ; 2".

Please to all my users cheesy keep me posted on bugs and suggestions, and tell me about crashes. Concerning bookmarks: I will eventually add a menu to delete and rename bookmarks, and also to just pick certain aspects of a bookmark.
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »

Excellent work, my man! smiley This is really useful!
Moreover these new features a multiple factor for color cicling would be desired. Ok, I got it: I have to edit one of Transfer-Costum range upper or lower limit.

Thanks again for this app!

EDIT:
- number 19) bug is still actual
- 20) Idea: 2 sliders would be helping recoloring: one slider increase/decrease Lake coloring range (eg. upper limit), and another would be for Bailout. The one button for these 2 sliders would be next to bookmark button. (For Lake Last_Arc the scale would be log scale between 1E-8..1E3
- 21) full screen Bookmarks menu with multiple rows and/or columns; Delete Bookmark function
- 22) save bookmarks with saved images (eg. in same directory, with same filename)

What variable precision did you use? 12 digits?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:39:56 PM by bkercso » Logged
searles
Alien

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 09:21:30 AM »

ad 19. Hm, I cannot reproduce it. So, if for instance the epsilon-value shows like 1e-9, you cannot change it to 1e-12? On my nexus 7 and htc evo this works. Which Android-version is it?

- 21) full screen Bookmarks menu with multiple rows and/or columns; Delete Bookmark function
- 22) save bookmarks with saved images (eg. in same directory, with same filename)

Both are nice ideas, at least delete bookmarks should be available soon, also saving the text-file together with an Import-function would be nice.

What variable precision did you use? 12 digits?

Well, in Android you are pretty much bound to 64 bits, so around 12-13 digits. Arbitrary precision or higher precision would of course be nice, but very slow on mobile devices (and also in Java). I don't think that the problem is within the color gradient (otherwise you would see similar structures also for last_angle.).

"1/SumRelativeDelta method and I can make zoom of 1E16 times with 20 digits variables" Which programming language and data structures are you using and do you have an example for 1/SumRelativeDelta? I am always searching for new colorization methods smiley
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »

No, in formula "1E-9" mantissa is "1". I can edit "-9" but cannot edit "1" (I tried it in color range fields).

Ok, this precision on mobiles is OK, no need more of course. Just I would like to know. smiley

My colorization method is:

Code:
z=abs(z)^2+c (or whatever formula you want to use)
mold=m
m=sqrt(|z|)
[b](if m>1E-10 (or 1E-X, try it) then)
sum:=sum+abs(mold-m)/m[/b]

Please find pics on the link above, 2nd half of the page (http://www.fractalforums.com/new-theories-and-research/a-new-look-into-escapetime-fractals-using-abs-and-inner-coloring/).

And what is your opinion about "color density sliders" suggested in previous post? For inner coloring this is needed indeed, because if I change iteration number color density is change significantly (!).
It would be enough if I could adjust color cycling number with 1 slider for Lake coloring, when Costum range is ON. smiley (Log slider, values between 0.1..10 or somewhat similar.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:33:22 AM by bkercso » Logged
searles
Alien

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »

No, in formula "1E-9" mantissa is "1". I can edit "-9" but cannot edit "1" (I tried it in color range fields).

Ah, now I get it. This seems to be a bug with Android's implementation of EditText, or I am supposed to not use decimals with an E at all... I will try to figure it out...

Thanks for the colorization, maybe I will add it in one of my next updates (with your permission of course).

And what is your opinion about "color density sliders" suggested in previous post?

I hope I don't misunderstand your proposal: If changing iterations is changing the range of values, it is a good idea to use the log-transfer to lower this effect (this is usually enough for me).
From a usability point of view I am not sure how to implement such sliders in a satisfying and intuitive way. Putting a slider somewhere would add complexity (also considering that it is only active when there is a checked checkbox inside some hidden menu, which would be unintuitive to users, especially on small devices). So, I would not currently see a possible userfriendly way that would not double functionality or increase the over-all complexity of the application (but of course, I tend to change my opinion).
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 02:53:30 PM »

"Thanks for the colorization, maybe I will add it in one of my next updates (with your permission of course)."
Permission allowed and big thx! smiley

About sliders:
Ok, I will try Log transfer. But it resulted different pics, maybe I would like to use normal transfer too.
Yes, iteration changes values, this causes the colorization mismatch.
I thinked about make a button next to Share button, and it pops up a menu with two sliders (for Lake and Bo). Whith these sliders you can adjust the value range of the palettes. This would be very helpful for me at Lake coloring; Bo coloring requires this only when you are close to the borderline of non-divergent islands. But in those cases slider's function really needed.

If Costum range checkbox is inactive, repeat number of palette would be different from 1 too. You could edit this number with suggested sliders, that is the matter. smiley
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »

Hi Searles!

Will be continue? smiley

23) I found an other bug: when I get an incoming call calculation is stopped and doesn't restart.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:42:58 PM by bkercso » Logged
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »

And some more pics  grin :

(cabs z)^5 + c, inner coloring (non-divergent araes)

low-detailed non-divergent island (blue ones)

(cabs z)^4 + c, inner coloring (non-divergent araes)

borderlines

a zoom out

divergent islands

cells

a zoom out

and the last one (sorry, I tried selecting... smiley )
searles
Alien

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »

Hi Searles!

Will be continue? smiley

23) I found an other bug: when I get an incoming call calculation is stopped and doesn't restart.

I'll continue smiley Thanks for this one. I currently have a lot to do at work, so most likely the next update will take another month. I added this to the list of bugs.
Thanks, also for the pictures.
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »

I tested the high resolution feature (max 2048x2048 pixel). Generated this 2.4 Mpixs. image on a ZTE Grand X In (1,6 GHz Intel Atom) during 1 hour; 440 iterations/pixel, (cabs z)^4 + c. It used 75% of battery power.

The color palettes and editor are really nice and easy to use. My own little pascal fractal generator don't contains palette editor (only linear interpolation between loaded palette's colors).
Searles, did you think about an export palette feature?  :smiley It could save palette into 1x1000 pix .bmp file. It could help anyone who write his own program but hasn't large experience in graphical program development tools...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:29:02 PM by bkercso » Logged
searles
Alien

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »

Wow, this last picture is a real beauty. What I am definitely planning is to export picture-data so that people can share specifications; for exporting palettes, I will try to add a colorization that allows this, like in the following way: Pick a range in the resize-menu and pick scale
1, 0 | 0.5;
0, 1 | 0.5
and function "x", and a certain colorization.

I wanted to do something like this in order to also view complex functions (I have implemented 2-dimensional color palettes, this will be a cool thing in a later update), and it will be useful for exactly what you want.

I am currently working on my phd thesis (which currently has super-top priority), but I will try to put in an update by end of April where I will try to address some of your issues:
https://code.google.com/p/fractview/issues/list
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »

I see, and thanks.
I read your list, could you please add the 2 sliders for coloring: range interval & range start (palette shift). I require it only for Lake coloring, but it would be more logical to add 2 more sliders for Bailout coloring. Under the sliders could be a Recolor button. The button to show/hide these sliders could be next to save image button.
It would be a large help for me, because the 90% of button presses are about editing the coloring range.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:24:28 PM by bkercso » Logged
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »

Great app...
We need Julia mode

A Beer Cup

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print