Logo by RedBug - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:21:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The Viral Fractalization of the Dragon Warts  (Read 902 times)
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« on: February 03, 2013, 06:43:54 PM »

The Viral Fractalization of the Dragon Warts

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=13340

Fragmentarium - Default Raytracer

Amazing Surface with Dragon Folding (or DragonKIFS with ballfold, you choose  grin)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:22:27 PM by Kali » Logged

eiffie
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »

Using some of knighty's scripts as examples I made a dragon ifs ray TRACER that doesn't have the discontinuity problem. It does have a computational expense problem tho and I can only do about 20 iterations. When I see this image I think who cares about the discontinuity! Excellent fractal.
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:57:04 AM »

Using some of knighty's scripts as examples I made a dragon ifs ray TRACER that doesn't have the discontinuity problem. It does have a computational expense problem tho and I can only do about 20 iterations. When I see this image I think who cares about the discontinuity! Excellent fractal.

Nice! I just saw your Youtube video... I was thinking of somehow using the buffer to achieve it, I already have a branch tracking solution that I think is quite effective, but I didn't implement it yet. Did you make it in some similar way, or used the CPU? BTW, thanks for the compliment smiley

eiffie
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »

Rather than try to explain it here it is:
It uses a bounding radius to avoid branchs that are not possibly seen but that is the only optimization. Now that I'm playing with your idea here of discontinuous folds (and discontinuous rotations) on a surface it seems kinda folly to make it work "correctly".

* thingy3d.frag (2.59 KB - downloaded 82 times.)
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:05:14 AM »

Rather than try to explain it here it is:
It uses a bounding radius to avoid branchs that are not possibly seen but that is the only optimization. Now that I'm playing with your idea here of discontinuous folds (and discontinuous rotations) on a surface it seems kinda folly to make it work "correctly".

Thanks for the script, eiffie, I'll take a look at it...

Hey, wait, it says it was downloaded already 4 times! I thought it was meant to be only for me!!! 

(just kidding grin)

eiffie
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 06:15:07 PM »

I did find a way to avoid the discontinuity but it isn't pretty.
http://www.fractalforums.com/ifs-iterated-function-systems/dragonkifs-promising-formula-but-help-needed/
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: