Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 12:51:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: homebrew flame-fractal animations  (Read 3879 times)
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« on: October 11, 2006, 04:10:39 PM »

hi all, thought i'd quickly make a little post about the movies i have online; i'm in the middle of exams at the moment though so unfortunately i don't really have time to dig into these forums :( i kinda do, but procrastinate enough as it is...

anyhow, they're made with an older version of my flame-fractal renderer (testing versions available at http://www.fractographer.com/binaries/ for old and new pcs), when it still supported keyframed animations. recently the parameter sets have ballooned to several mb in size, so it's a bit more effort now to get a zillion motion-blurred/interpolated parameter sets and that needs looking at. nevertheless, despite their age and a few little problems here and there i'm still quite happy with how they turned out. once i've gotten my in-development state-of-the-art renderers cooking, after uni study-work and gamedev work-work, i hope to produce a nice dvd, with full audio<->video generation and coupling (something like alex evans' "tom thumb", but with a fractal bent).

the files can be found amongst other junk here: http://www.fractographer.com/wip/ (encoded with xvid/mp4, which totally kills the smooth gradients unfortunately - the full resolution 700mb huffyuv versions are gorgeous ;)

apologies in advance for not immediately replying - hmmm, minor contradiction there - i have a discrete mathematical structures exam next week and i haven't studied at all for it yet!

heneganj
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 04:43:54 PM »

> apologies in advance for not immediately replying - hmmm, minor contradiction there - i have a discrete mathematical structures exam next week and i haven't surfed at all for it yet!

lol
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 05:29:09 PM »

my $140 per month 384/128kbit, 9gb hard-capped adsl is down about 1/2 the time (as of the last year) so i don't really get to do much surfing anyway :(

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: