Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:56:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Back to MB 3D! - But I have a navigation prob  (Read 254 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: January 01, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »

Among other projects....this winter I have decided to finally return to MB 3D * waits for the roar of cheering and applause * .  w00t !!

It is still terribly slow on my 32 bit computer....takes probably 3 to 4 times longer to render a simple png image than it would take most of you. And yet...it does work.  shocked I made a fairly good Amazing Box rendering from a tut that was only wall size but its final resolution/quality was actually acceptable! It's just the rendering-time problem I face.

The worst problem right now: I can't seem to control the Navigation window very well. Everything looks pixelated and won't settle down quickly the way it does in the tutorials. My computer is to blame for that, I know. And I can't work out how to fine-tune the zoom feature. I've done what was advised for settings, and yet when I push the numbers up or down, it goes wild instead of letting me be really specific. I keep getting lost as a result and have to revert back to the original params, which makes me feel I'm achieving nothing. I CAN zoom in the "old fashioned" way with the rectangle approach on the main window. But that takes a really long time too, for the program to redraw a view.

Is there any trick I can use to get Navigation to work better for me??

[[[ EDIT ]]] Found this entry by Hal Tenny....thank the Fractal Gods for Hal!!

http://haltenny.deviantart.com/journal/Mandelbulb-3D-Navigating-Tip-251183926
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:19:27 PM by chaos_crystal » Logged

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: