Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 12:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Troubles with Apophysis 7X installation  (Read 567 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: December 29, 2012, 05:46:21 AM »

Besides learning more about ChaosPro, I've added Apophysis to the challenges for the winter months.  Yes !! Had some luck with Apophysis 2.09, learned to twiddle the triangles, not difficult even for a dummy. Got nice images, but I need to turn the rendering quality numbers a lot higher before I have something worth showing online ( we're getting there ).

Thought OK, it would be nice to upgrade to version 7X, learn a few new tricks!

Tried that. Everything seemed OK till I got adventurous and tried to install a plugin pack from deviantART...

After that, nothing but trouble!  angry

I'm getting all these error messages ( see attachments ) and NO, re-installing did not solve the problems...

What the heck is going on here?  huh?

* Apo7xImage1.jpg (14.66 KB, 668x118 - viewed 62 times.)

* Apo7xImage2.jpg (13.18 KB, 692x117 - viewed 66 times.)

* Apo7xImage3.jpg (171.22 KB, 515x833 - viewed 70 times.)

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »

Install plugins one at time, and remove those that you don't need. police

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »

Will that fix the .DLL problems?

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »

I think!

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 04:53:17 AM »

I notice that the 'problem' list only goes from items beginning with A down to "pre_falloff2.dll", and stops. From there through any plugins starting with the letter Z, there don't seem to be any issues. I don't understand why the installation is trying to install plugins that "already exist" when I'm sure I un-installed correctly. I've even done a Search on my harddrive to make sure there are no hidden Apo7x files.  - Weird!

— Benoit Mandelbrot
toxic-dwarf
Navigator

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 03:34:30 AM »

I've read (can't remember where) that Apophysis can have issues if large amounts of plugins are installed together. Maybe it loads them in reverse alphabetical order and then glitches once it reaches it's 'limit'?
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 12:25:25 AM »

That could well be! I haven't been using it lately, too many toys in the toybox and not enough time to devote to each...but I was told somewhere to just implement one or two new plugins at a time, which seems to be the way to go...  smiley

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: