Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:16:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Quat 1.2, no parameters dialog box ?  (Read 1766 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: December 25, 2012, 04:02:26 AM »

Lately I've been enjoying my attempts to turn something good out of ChaosPro...LOL...  :smiley I discovered even Quaternions can be created there. Takes patience, and I know very little about the Math involved. But at least the preview window is large enough that you can actually see what you're doing. I really appreciate that!

I've been poking at Quat 1.2 for awhile; using Fractal Explorer helped me gain a glimmer of understanding of how quats can be made. I think I'm ready now to get my feet wet in Quat 1.2. The problem is-- the Parameter Editor should look like this:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9161/quat12doc.jpg

whereas, my download looks like this:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1428/quat12docnoparam.jpg

Even I know that we need the Parameters dialog box, over around the middle there, to do a project.

Where could it be? I've downloaded more than once, from two different locations... Could both sources be corrupted, or am I just missing something?

TIA and my apologies for all of my stupid sounding questions, LOL
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:43:53 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 04:40:12 AM »

i am unsure, but just try another formula ?!
you are using "classical julia" perhaps this implies the "power2 " parameter from your previous snapshot, and just try out different formulas huh?

and the parameter box is for a param used in the formula from your first snapshot - p1 - which is what you are editing above, this param is used as power in the first snapshot, the formula you are using in the second window just does not define such a param wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 06:07:14 AM »

Aha....found it....  embarrass That particular formula shown in the 1st screenshot (from the documentation) is the ONLY formula that will produce the parameter box. HM. It's different from what I've worked with elsewhere. Still, after mucking around in Chaospro and Fractal Explorer, I ought to be able to handle this  educated Love those quaternion designs! Fun way to while away a cold winter's evening...even Christmas Eve...  sweet music

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction. And Happy Holidays to all!

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 06:20:05 AM »

its a pleasure, happy whipped cream exploring cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: