Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 08:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Question about Chaospro rendering and saving  (Read 319 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: December 22, 2012, 07:36:36 AM »

I am trying to teach myself how to use ChaosPro which I've had for awhile but never gotten a handle on. Figured it was about time! I'm having trouble with renderjobs and saving images. I followed the tutorial on the main chaospro site and thought I had done things right, but my first-ever 3D image seems to be gone into cyberspace. It's under the parameter files but I can't open it to the screen either. Could someone just walk me through the steps, and I will try again and explain where I seem to be having the problem. TIA

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:27:07 AM »

I am trying to teach myself how to use ChaosPro which I've had for awhile but never gotten a handle on. Figured it was about time! I'm having trouble with renderjobs and saving images. I followed the tutorial on the main chaospro site and thought I had done things right, but my first-ever 3D image seems to be gone into cyberspace. It's under the parameter files but I can't open it to the screen either. Could someone just walk me through the steps, and I will try again and explain where I seem to be having the problem. TIA

Sorry, never used render jobs in ChaosPro, so can't help much with that, but saving images is easy - just go to File>Export>As Image.  That should do it.

And as for the "Lost" parameters you're trying to render, select them from the parameters list then click the "Green Light" in the top row of icons.

Hope that helps, and maybe somebody else can help with the render jobs    alien

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 12:50:37 AM »

Ohh....LOL...the Param file was there all the time. I got it saved correctly, but after opening out of the list, I didn't know to hit the green light icon. Still, at first only the original "black hole" 2D scene showed up...so I assumed my creation was still lost. But in a few seconds there it was!  grin

I thought we had to make a final "render" in order to get the highest quality for any image? My first pathetic effort at making a 3D fractal doesn't look bad, but the quality is less than superb...

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »

Chaos pro don't works smoothly as comercial UF. You can have render jobs ONLY as png files. And fractal must not be layered fractal with different fractal types.

But on another hand (3D) render jobs have (standart) antialising what greatly increases quality of 3D fractals, so it is pretty usefull tool if you want high quality render. But with antialising Chaos pro will render only one (3D) fractal, without antialiasing Chaos Pro can render multiple png files. Just forget about .jpg;)

Alsou chaos pro interface is kind of hard. open fractal tree or something, Chaos Pro can save multiple parameters in single parameter file, but you ca open them only by fractal tree. There alsou you'll see recent files.

fractal catalisator
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 05:16:34 AM »

Chaos pro don't works smoothly as comercial UF. You can have render jobs ONLY as png files. And fractal must not be layered fractal with different fractal types.

You get what you pay for, I guess! I haven't quite gotten my brain wrapped around the layered-fractals part. Frankly the ones they use as examples don't look that good ( sorry, CP, but it's the truth ). I'd be happy just to get smooth and pretty "base" images out of it. I find that most of my results have jagged edges. Due to computer limitations, I can only set my images at a moderately large size; no wall-sized files for me, which would ideally get downsized and probably look smooth.

But on another hand (3D) render jobs have (standart) antialising what greatly increases quality of 3D fractals, so it is pretty usefull tool if you want high quality render. But with antialising Chaos pro will render only one (3D) fractal, without antialiasing Chaos Pro can render multiple png files. Just forget about .jpg;)

I won't fret about rendering jobs right now. I only just found out how to save parameters as opposed to saving a regular image file. And yes, I wouldn't dream of saving as JPG anymore....not like I did in early days when I simply didn't know any better   embarrass

I haven't gotten a really great-looking 3D out of CP yet either. I've probably learnt more about manipping the big red and green broccoli head (or is that cauliflower, LOL-?) in CP than I did in Mandelbulb. The latter is, well....not very compatible with my puter, everything is slow, jerky, and pixelated. I've watched MB tutorials where the preview runs smoothly, but mine is a mess! That was why I wandered back over to give CP another go.

Alsou chaos pro interface is kind of hard. open fractal tree or something, Chaos Pro can save multiple parameters in single parameter file, but you ca open them only by fractal tree. There alsou you'll see recent files.

Yeah, I had a little trouble getting used to their interface at first. Not great for us dummies!  grin Haven't even poked at the fractal tree, but now I will...

Question before I forget:: Why is it that so often, after I've worked for a long time over a Quat or an attractor or whatever, if I make one blunder ( hit a wrong button or even zoom a little too fast in or out, just some minor thing ), my image goes to black, and I never can find it back?? I've lost too many promising images that way...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:22:56 AM by chaos_crystal » Logged

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: