Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 11:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Looking Death in the Eye  (Read 1083 times)
thom
Fractal Bachius

« on: December 19, 2012, 11:48:44 PM »

Looking Death in the Eye

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=13005

Okay...so maybe I am being a little overly dramatic.  But they do kind of look like a pair of demonic eyes in deep sockets and each one of the "hairs" ends in an interesting shape. 
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:25:06 AM »

For some reason this makes me think of Majora's Mask. smiley

thom
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:31:14 AM »

Wow!!! I really am impressed (seriously I am)...we may be the only two people in fractaldom who know about the sixth game in the Zelda series released on the Nintendo 64 in 2000.  Thank You!
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 03:06:12 AM »

Very interesting (the fractal).

On a side note, I vaguely recall some tree that was central to several of the beginning quests- but was that Majora's Mask?  It's been a long time and like "Kat" from a certain series, as my mind fills up with new information, I lose track of the old stuff.

Then I recall it at an inconvenient time, as in right after I turn off my computer or hang up the phone, I recall the information.  Sometimes it's a day later, as biological data retrieval takes some time when you've got a lot of information storage. 

Too bad about the fall of Alundra.

Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 05:56:58 AM »

You may be thinking of the Deku Tree in the previous game, Ocarina of Time. The first dungeon is inside it, and you get warped to there after beating the fifth, as well. There's also some stuff you can go back for in the first dungeon after you've found bombs.

There's some other classic video game RPGs with tree dungeons in them. Faxanadu for the NES had a big chunk of the later part of the game take place on and inside a huge World Tree, and Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the SNES had a large, walking tree that would carry you to a new area if you'd hear his plea to "whack the monsters inside me" (exact words -- apparently it thinks you're hitmen from the local Mafia?) and then do so.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: