Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 02:15:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hi i am Felix, from Munich, researching, Fractals with fluid dynamics.  (Read 516 times)
Description: Introduction of Coputeranimation Programmer researching Fluid Dynamics
freshNfunky
Alien

« on: November 24, 2012, 05:05:23 PM »

Hi i am Felix from Munich.

currently i am doing a research study about Fluids with Fractals.
My idea came when i have done some research about Aerodynamics with Airplanes.
There i discovered, that the principle of lift is commonly misunderstood.

During my research of the phenomenon aerodynamic lift, i discovered that if
you dissolve mechanical forces in an airfoil and air, it actually is pretty simple to understand.
You can say that it's a combination of inertia, vacuum and impulse.

But when you try to explain it with common used principles like Bernoulli, some weird
conclusions happen, which make physically no sense.
(I tell about that weird situation later because it's a physical conflict in some laws)
Yet the reason of lift is heavily discussed, and Still the experts have no common Theory.
http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/bernnew.html

Though, if you throw away all what you have ever learned about it and try to
understand it again from scratch it's pretty simple
to understand.

But before i Start to go deeper into Matter i tell something about my first Experiments:

i developed a new Wing Profile, adapting my discoveries which are using core
principles of Nature: Organic shapes.
This wing profile is improving stall conditions, increasing lift through the dynamic
morphing airfoil shape and reducing air drag through boundary layer organization
in fractal ordered turbulence.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AgljP95ukHo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=de_DE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AgljP95ukHo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=de_DE</a>

I discovered this Principle while observing Birds in slow motion analysis.
there you could really see this effect happen, which i applied on my plane:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LA6XSrM0V_0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=de_DE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/LA6XSrM0V_0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=de_DE</a>

it's an effect of inertia and amplification of vortices.
You understand it after you watched my brief introduction in the upper video.
Air and Airfoil Get into an Interaction when the air flows over the airfoils surface.
The air Pulls the Wing in shape giving the air the best way to flow around.

And now there come the fractals...

Yo can analyze flow through newtonian methods like Navier-Stokes or Riemann-Solver. they somehow
display behaviour of fluent motion on a grid base, but due the self similar feature of
fluids, they are not correct in space and time due a grid never can meet the true fluid
shape it only can dissolve it on a grid based level. And it's also highly render power consuming:

Newtonian methods are used, when you do not know the function the behaviour is based on.
but to really understand fluids. you have to find the true priciple of Fluids.
and therefore you need a explaination which is mechanically correct.

So Normally when you try to understand Physics of flow the first what you learn is Bernoulli.
but Bernoulli explains forces and energy with an pressure field called dynamic pressure.
it claims this acceleration comes when there are obstacles in the way.
like in a tube where there is a (venturi) vent included.
But why should air accelerate itself just if there is an obstacle? Due the 3 law of inertia
mass doesn't move by itself. The field claimed to be existing has no origin of existence.
just because there is motion in a system it is claimed to exist.

if this would be true, then also "Baron von Münchhausen" (a famous fairytale teller like the
brothers Grimm from Germany) could pull himself out of a swamp (a story he once told
about himself)

i do not want to go much further in detail. i all explained it here more precise:
http://www.physforum.com/index.php?showtopic=42059

or in German: http://www.drillingsraum.de/room-forum/showthread.php?tid=3381

So finally when you fix the explanation of the phenomenons of Fluids, explained on a venturi vent,
you no longer accept this behavior to be true:

because this would violate against Newtons Laws of Mechanics.
instead there is a constant acceleration through the vent, creating
Turbulence through the resistance. Turbulence is a mandatory effect to understand
what is happening inside, otherwise you come to mis-conclusions:

The resistance is again mandatory due acceleration of inertial mass. Inertial behavior
as a reaction force of acceleration is the reason of any resistor, who is not based on
mechanical friction.

instead the energy is conserved in kinetic energy within turbulence
and thus higher entropy state.

Where i am Working on and where i look for support:
To develop a true Fluid dynamic Simulation you have to see fluid no longer like Bernoulli
but rather a Fractal Body who develops Fractal branched Force Field like a Tree:

when being accelerated through a global pressure drop
Fluid forms hyperbolic shapes in a system.
If the surface doesn't follow the hyperbolic behavior, it creates turbulent
boundary layers to support the statics. The ideal hyperbolic Form becomes instable
at the border.
higher friction is created through absorbing of kinetic energy into vortices for the boundary layer
who brace the statics.

Finally thats the reason why birds raise their feathers on the upper side when landing.
because the Stream tries to brace the statics. of the fluent body.

More details can be found in my pre-released publication (in german only - sorry):
http://www.shaker.de/de/content/catalogue/index.asp?lang=de&ID=8&ISBN=OND-00000-0000104&search=yes
the final publication will be online soon.

the Airfoil Project was now awarded with the german innovation Prize
"Querdenker-Award" in Nov 2012:
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »

congratulations, this really looks like something, although i dont understand how the effect works by not activately steering the panels on the wing, the concept is clear due to the flexibility upward streams are maintained due to the space that is opened up, fantastic, thank you for noting!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
freshNfunky
Alien

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 07:21:19 PM »

congratulations, this really looks like something, although i dont understand how the effect works by not activately steering the panels on the wing, the concept is clear due to the flexibility upward streams are maintained due to the space that is opened up, fantastic, thank you for noting!
Well i hope i can induce some interests on some keen fractal programming fans  afro who want together push this idea further.
I see a great potential in this idea.
It already becoming apparent, that by this little discover it will not remain on the field of aerodynamics
this theory has derivable parallels deep into physical matter.
You even can describe quantum effects with it, yet not understood cheesy

the conclusion of dynamics in fluids being a highly instable fractal construct. But the final shape of the resulting motion is not decided by the matter itself.
matter can only being broken down on the instability points. but the information amplified in this instability points are not from the matter.
it's an external information field being amplified inside the instable Fluent body.

In physics this effect is called emergence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence
now this effect can be explained soon with fractals derived by that idea above. I am absolutely confident!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »

funny thing was, back in the time when i was working for the fluid dynamics laboratory in the universe as visualisation assistant, they knew about my fractal enthusiasm, but one of the bosses said that fractals are just for nice picture with no real usage

a dumber thing he couldnt have said .... because the solution of the navier strokes equation is an iterative process, and hence the "fractalism" of fluid flow lies directly in the system, saying that mandelbrot images are just nice and serve no purpose is goddam ignorant, we dont know how they interact, but for sure examining the pure mandelbrot set gives insights into far more different processes like the fluid dynamics systems ....

wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
freshNfunky
Alien

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »

Funny story smiley

funny thing was, back in the time when i was working for the fluid dynamics laboratory in the universe as visualisation assistant, they knew about my fractal enthusiasm, but one of the bosses said that fractals are just for nice picture with no real usage

a dumber thing he couldnt have said .... because the solution of the navier strokes equation is an iterative process, and hence the "fractalism" of fluid flow lies directly in the system, saying that mandelbrot images are just nice and serve no purpose is goddam ignorant, we dont know how they interact, but for sure examining the pure mandelbrot set gives insights into far more different processes like the fluid dynamics systems ....

that again shows how much power you have to bring up to work against ignorance of self-complacent people wink
it's a huge energy absorbing factor of brain power and research progress.

but it's a well spread desease among academic people to neglect what is not fitting in their sandbox.
Unfortunately current science philosophy lives from reductionism and idealisation. Espacially in fluid dynamics these principles become fatal,
because fluids (with a fractal nature) don't fit in this primitive mind map.

yes navier-stokes is a kind of iterative process. but as compared with the example of measuring the length of the coastline of england,
a grid-based fluid solver like Navier-Stokes can never meet true self simmilar feature of fluid shapes.

instead i would propose another algotithm who does not look for divergence but searches for instable statics.
because in the instable statics there happen emergent phenomenons which the navier stokes doesn't see.

it would not only lead to a more precise simulation but also:
  • would reduce renderpower, because you do not have calculate every mass point equally but rather look only for instable moments
  • it gives a true mechanical correct imagination what's really happening inside fluids
  • navier-stoke just looks for divergence. it's not interested in mechanical forces applied inside. it just fullfills the divergent equation.
  • inside this instable monents there will be an information hidden who decides in which direction the instability collapses
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: