Logo by miles - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 07:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Circle Orbit Trap  (Read 2119 times)
Ross Hilbert
Fractal Phenom

« on: February 13, 2009, 03:53:14 PM »

Circle Orbit Trap

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=480

This image is the result of a circle orbit trap applied to a Julia fractal based on the equation z = Cos(z*c). To color the fractal, I use an array of 5 color gradients. I use the dwell associated with the trapped point to index into the gradient array to select a gradient. To get the value used to index into the selected gradient, I use the value obtained by calculating the product of all the trapped point values over the given orbit. This effectively paints each trap based on the traps found below the given trap.

Next a 3D shading algorithm is applied to the trapped point based on the distance of the point from the trap, and the result is very lightly blended with a brushed aluminum texture to enhance the metallic quality of the trap.

This image was generated using the Fractal Science Kit fractal generator from the Circle Orbit Trap example found on the Fractal Examples page in the Fractal Science Kit Tutorials.

For additional information about the Fractal Science Kit fractal generator see:
  - http://www.fractalsciencekit.com/index.htm

Ross Hilbert
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 07:10:24 PM »

the possibilities of uf5 always fascinate me, you put a lot of work into this, respect !"
 Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: