Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:00:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3d fractals @ Fraunhofer institute Kaiserslautern  (Read 2054 times)
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:57:07 AM »

I'm proud to announce, that I'm traveling tonight to Kaiserslautern, Germany to present my latest colaboration with Ulli Behrendt (ulliroyal) at the Fraunhofer institute for experimental software engineering (me, the noob when it comes to programming).

in the framework of an event season "Nacht, die Wissen schafft 2012" (german pun, can't be translated aptly) our video "November Rhapsody" will be shown around 7pm.

I have no clou about what else is up there, but I hope there will be some people, who are interested in 3d fractals...
keep your fingers crossed for me.

for those, who missed this piece last week, here's the youtube link again:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxKVhwuqfR4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/gxKVhwuqfR4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »

BTW, this "Night of Science" seems to be held once or twice a year in various university cities in Germany. Not all events are necessarily of an academical nature. In the city where I live, occasionally some (high tech) industrial company would let the public take a sneak peek at their production facilities, or even their research labs.

The emphasis is generally on things that you rarely get to see, but that are interesting/impressive with regards to science and technology.

With any luck, there should be a curious and somewhat knowledgeable audience around. smiley
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »

Thanks hobold for the background infos. Until yesterday I didn't know this event. "Night of Science" is surely the sense of that german pun. The literal meaning of the words is "Night, that creates knowledge"

Not all events are necessarily of an academical nature.
definitely, this video has nothing academical.

With any luck, there should be a curious and somewhat knowledgeable audience around.
I hope more curious, than knowledgeable. My own knowledge (and I guess Ulli's too) about the math background is quite limited.  wink

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:41:51 PM »

i see, kaiserslautern is a bit far for me right now wink
good luck! lol and promote calendar wink too bad it isnt printed right now, so i could go there and sell some directly wink
 afro

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »

I hope more curious, than knowledgeable.
Don't worry. These events are evening entertainment, after all. smiley
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »

Don't worry. These events are evening entertainment, after all. smiley
Absolutely. And our video was the supporting programme.

It was an unforgettable expierience to see, how many people were stopping by, watching with a mix of confusion and fascination. And not a small amount pulled out their smart phone to grab a "still frame". In 2012 - a time, where computers can generate the illusion of almost everything - 3d fractals are still a mystery for most people.

Here some impressions:

Artists united

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 08:19:08 PM »

So it was a success? Great to hear smiley
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »

great one! congrats for this opportunity! and nice you got recognised, seems things are developing quite well for us wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »

Great work, congrats guys!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 07:18:35 AM »

Wow.  I'm continuously amazed at how much more evolved other minds are (than mine).  Can't wait 'til I fade away and only greatness remains.  

There is a vast gulf between you and I, a dark void growing with devouring time.  At long last, abandoned by joy, forgotten by the glimmering dreams of youth, I will fade into the darkness.  I will dwindle and recede, knowing that peace arrives on the wings of oblivion.  It's spacetime...

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 08:44:25 AM »

Looks great, nice to see you and Ulli enjoying the atmosphere.
Would be great to see your animations big size at an event like that!
Congratulations Torsten and Ulli!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: