Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: quantum mechanics of fractal potential wells.  (Read 808 times)
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« on: October 30, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »

Instead of potentially wondering how quantum-mechanics might apply to fractals, there is actual research on this topic, as found here:
P-adic QM (Wiki)
Note, there are lots of references to more information on this topic, like, for instance:
Michael Berry's publications, for instance the so called "Diffractals (pdf)" - Waves that have encountered fractals and thus interfered in fractal ways on all scales.
I encourage searching through the references for further info beyond Wikipedia.
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:36:59 PM »

Righto, Kram. Will give it a shot! grin

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »

Could it be created real 3D mandelbrot set on p-adic numbers? Or on adele ring?
Well, it seems not so, even I realy don't understand this concept an I'm not a matematician, but could there be some new fractals based on this?

fractal catalisator
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 10:44:06 PM »

I'm fairly sure (but I'm not an expert either, obviously), that you gotta have a complete limit set description of the set...
Stuff like the usual cantor set, where you end up with a very predictable pattern for the numbers in the set and \mathbb{R}^n-Analogues of it, like the sierpinski carpets, sponges, etc.
I could easily be wrong though.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: