Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 12:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: box counting software - opensource project  (Read 1799 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: October 22, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »

hi there,

for analytical reasons and for teaching reasons it might be helpful to have a useable box counting software,
i think when i am back in germany i am going to start a box counting software, would like to have some kind of user interface but would as well like to have an command line interface, what language would you use for an multi platform system ?! i would love to stick to c# but this might not run under any environment ... but somehow i see c++ as really outdated ....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »

Don't underestimate C++. Together with a library such as Qt, it is very powerful and quite expressive.

Otherwise Java is still a good choice for cross-platform development. And the new JavaFX gui is not as akward as Swing. There is also JOGL, which allows you to use OpenGL GPU shaders in Java. Speedwise, C++ may have a small advantage, but Java is strong enough to do 3D fractals (on the CPU): http://www.openprocessing.org/sketch/73427

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 08:13:36 PM »

yeah, perhaps java might be the best choice for this, as i said i wont use it to calculate fractals
it should just serve as tool for inputing images, defining a bias and then approximating the fractal dimension through box counting

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: