Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello Group  (Read 550 times)
Description: introduction
Kathleen Schumacher
Forums Newbie

« on: October 05, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »

Hello all... I am new to everything about fractals. I am also new to computers other than FaceBook and e-mailing. So, I am an infant learning to crawl. In the 'other' world I am a graphic artist, a painter and a writer, Tai Chi & meditation practitioner, lover of Buddhist thought, a walker, a grandmother, a quilt maker. Fractals have caught my eyes, the images embedding in my brain as I write. I owe my introduction to this wonderful group to Mark Brady, and thank him here for getting me started on what I think will be a great adventure. Best wishes to you all. Kath afro
MarkJayBee
Fractal Fertilizer

Markjaybee Fractal Mark_Jay_Bee
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:23:21 PM »

Hi Kath, great to have you here in our ever growing community of fractaleers!  wink
Everyone here will be glad to answer any questions you may have; really it's just a
case of finding the right board to put your query in. Yes !!
I'm sure that, with your background in the graphic arts - like yours truly! - you'll be
fractalling away in no time!
Looking forward to seeing your first gallery post, but take your time of course.
 cheesy

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried in the first place.

http://markjaybeefractal.com/
http://mjb-graphics.co.uk/
http://deviantart.com/markjaybee/
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:15:50 PM »

Hello and Welcome, Kathleen :-)
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »

Welcome, Kath. We need some Grandmothering from time to time, so look forward to your meditative contributions.

Oh by the way, do not be afraid to ask any question no matter how foolish you might think it is! I am sure you will get a kind and considered response here. grin

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 01:22:59 AM »

Hello and welcome Kathleen. Nice to meet you here at the melting pot of math, programming and art related to fractals.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »

Welcome to Fractalforums smiley

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Tony Bridge
Forums Newbie

thistb
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 03:13:32 AM »

Hi Kathleen:
 a big welcome.
 I too am interested in many of the same things as you ( Tai Chi, meditation, etc.) angel
 i got inteested in fractals art as a way to move beyond 'pure' photography and express my understandings of archetypes. i also used to teach graphic design and art.
 Look forward to a dialogue...
Kathleen Schumacher
Forums Newbie

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »

Hello Tony.... So interesting. I love that you too are into Tai Chi and meditation. I am still wanting to learn about creating these beautiful images, but I learn by being shown, not by reading. So, I am determined to locate someone here in CA. who lives with a 100 radius of me, or so, who can help me better....
Thank you so much for writing... Best to you, Kath afro
kabuki
Forums Freshman

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 04:55:49 PM »

I am still wanting to learn about creating these beautiful images, but I learn by being shown, not by reading. So, I am determined to locate someone here in CA. who lives with a 100 radius of me, or so, who can help me better....

Mandelbulb3D seems to be one of the more popular programs here and what I'm currently working with. The video tutorials here show someone actually using the program and will help you become familiar with the basic functions of the program and get you started making images quicker than trying to find someone to tutor you in person.

Mandelbulb3D tutorials
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: