Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Password protected parameters sharing!!  (Read 6731 times)
Description: Is just a ideea to stop thiefs from outside FF to steal paremeters....
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 02:45:35 PM »

calm down bro  wink
you ruin your vibes...

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
CeleXaoS
Alien

bleeding nose

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »

You people are evil. lips are sealed lips are sealed
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »

lets forget about the password thing, but there must be a better way so we can share here on FF prams without being ripped, i don't know , i am for sharing, but in a safe mode and for FF community.....thief's are humans too?hahahah.... I lived long enough to hear that too! That was really funny one Torsten!;) A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

Only share them by direct mail with those you're sure won't pass them on without express permission...

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Tahyon
Iterator

Joldos Dan Emanuel
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 07:18:43 AM »

I do respect those ones that really try to learn, i got no problem with them, i only have a problem with fractal spammers that really bring a shame on the whole community....but yeah everybody is free to use it as he can and he imaged..... A Beer Cup A Beer Cup
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »

IMHO not only useless, but alsou evil feature. It reminds me when I bought my Nokia smartphone (pretty old now) and searched for cool new stuff. There were much cool stuff, but it didn't worked, becouse majority of totaly free Nokia screen themes had date on it, which had expired. Most of users are stupid, they will uses this even if it is completelly unnecesary.

There are 2 notable M3D features, it is hybridisation and sharing. Parameter sharing is like putting lots of minds together, most of cool pics wouldn't existed if there were no sharing. Even if users consider modificated shared hybrids creations of their genius. But then or you share or not.

But credits or comments in shared parameters would be more interesting. Of corse, parameters should be backward compatible. But then you'll get interesting histories of hybrids and full authorships of parameters.

And more poetic and self describing names would be nice. Bristorbrot or tricorn sounds nice, so I picked it. AbVarSecBr2 just don't sounds too encouraging to try it. This is just to notice;)

fractal catalisator
axewater
Alien

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 07:32:48 PM »

yeah DRM your parameters ... the 90s called they want their stoic business practices back
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 07:38:01 PM »

... the 90s called they want their stoic business practices back

2012 called and asked if you realize you are replying to years old conversations!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
JohnVV
Conqueror

having fun

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 11:49:59 PM »

Sockratease
i was thinking the same thing

DRM has never worked and NEVER will
the only people it HARMS are the ones PAYING for that restriction
--  the paying customers --

but as necro posts go
2012 is a rather fresh corpse

over on Linuxquestions yesterday we had one from 2003

Running OpenSUSE 42.1-64bit & ScientificLinux-6.7-64bit
I don't pitch Linux to my friends,I let Microsoft do it for me!"
axewater
Alien

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »

well i was not on this forum in 2012 .. seeing how low the activity here is, you would think resurrecting old discussions is a good thing smiley
flexiverse
Safarist

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:51 PM »

Fractals is about sharing.   All that's needed is the original authors name and email embedded in the parameters.
Just because I discover something doesn't mean I own it.  This is not like an invention.
It's exploring mathematical space.  
You can't copyright an equation.
claude
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2015, 09:31:18 PM »

unfortunately copyright law is insane.

in an ideal world fractal parameter files would have metadata with authorship history (names and dates, preferably with email and/or web addresses) - better if it is a bit more specific, for example you could take a formula from one author, a location from another author, palette from a third author, etc - knowing who did which aspect would be useful too.  at a grander scale it would be useful to know what each author changed, together with comments as to why they changed it - sounds like decentralized version control, something a bit like git
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2015, 11:41:48 PM »

... the 90s called they want their stoic business practices back
2012 called and asked if you realize you are replying to years old conversations!
well i was not on this forum in 2012 .. seeing how low the activity here is, you would think resurrecting old discussions is a good thing smiley

Absolutely yes!

Resurrecting old discussions is a good thing!!

If you note, I was responding to your comment about old business practices and pointing out that, at that time, you made a run of quite a few posts in very old topics.

No problems with that at all.  If anybody mistook my sarcasm for a serious complaint about posting in old topics, I apologize.  That was never my intent.  My sarcasm often comes out wrong...   bubble gum

By all means, everybody please feel free to bring up old topics if you have something to contribute to a discussion.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: