Logo by Fractal Ken - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 07:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Tutorial #1 - Complex Multiplication is a rotation!  (Read 9852 times)
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 07:31:22 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uRKZnFAR7yw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/uRKZnFAR7yw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

There are 4 videos in this series by Norman which give you the whole deal.

When you compare Chris's work to Normans you can understand that Chris is not trying to do anything more than give the layman an intuition about so called complex multiplication and so called complex numbers. I think he succeeds in doing that, and so opening up a fascinating fractal world to absolute beginners.

When I first started to deconstruct the Mandelbrot math I found it very confusing. I think it is still confusing for reasons I have gone into at length elsewhere. But it is important for everyone to grasp this issue, because it reveals everything about how we are manipulated in our thinking in every society.

In other words, things could be presented in much simpler ways if we really wanted to! Some of us defer to so called experts and we do not really know why!

Keep up the great work Chris! This forum is so important to the world!

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 08:36:23 AM »

oh, thank you jehovaja, it was my beginners test -  the tutorial #1 - the concept will be continued - as you might have seen *
in the upcoming mandelbrot introduction we do a retake of the complex multiplication, demonstrating that it is
*spoiler*
just using translate+rotate+scale in the formula, beforehand we lay out chaos theory by demonstrating that the 3 body simulation
first showed the chaos in (analytical) mathematical functions, then we continue with the julia set using the dot-visualisation i used
for the mandelbox, and finishing the whole thing up with the relation of the mandelbrot set to the julia sets, it will become nicely
visible how they connect, by showing through the moving dots what leads to the resulting image (lol and even me now fully understood
that the mandelbrot set is just a visualisation of all julia sets that arent connected)
*/spoiler*

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:11:03 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: