Logo by LAR2 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 09:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: NIN + Box twists/Aexion  (Read 1010 times)
Description: a short video set to Trent Reznor's 'Pilgrimage'
fractalpainter
Forums Freshman

« on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »

Hello all; a short film. I know the quality isn't superb. I'm pretty impatient to be doing this sort of thing (but I'm still a newbie)

Let me know if you have any thoughts (negative would be great too). I'm searching in a direction of combined visual media.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xgDChlQOphY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xgDChlQOphY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

fractalpainter A Beer Cup
fractalpainter
Forums Freshman

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »

Here's another video; set to Interpol. I'm interested in green screening fractals (onto everything).  1080p!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pVhrkrhn3kU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/pVhrkrhn3kU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
fractalpainter
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 07:29:44 PM »

and, ah, Mozart, my favorite: another short. Running into serious render time problems with DE and ambient occlusion; so this is a sketch of sorts.

I will say, one of those rare moments, that I was somewhat pleased with the water and mist (fog/glow) effect in the ball/plane sequence.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rj6zz6IUsIs&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rj6zz6IUsIs&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »

notice, that the first two are not visible in germany for copyright issues...  sad

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
weavers
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________

Regarding movie trailer entitled HD #3D fractal Pilgrimage 1   . .It holds the skeptical viewers attention! And that is no, no easy matter, Congratulations! Interesting!

Diagnosis Critéria : Compositionality  : Manifesting rhythmic algorithms : Data : content : varied interestedly done : intro after
[ seconds into film at 0:06 seconds ] well imbued content wise, color wise, structuralities manifesting wise and
[ seconds into film at 0:16 seconds ] we get a charge out of this texture mountain range you offer : Data :
[ seconds into film at 0:20 seconds ] view most compelling! And we consider the violent camera following movements between this to reach frame 0:34 ] daring, audacious, recklessly youthful, but, however successful ! 
[ seconds into film at 0:34 seconds ] Manifesting!
[ seconds into film at 0:52 seconds ] The light concentration in the background fluctuating intensificationally is agreeable!
[ seconds into film at 1:03 seconds ] Clever, and bold 
[ seconds into film at 1:22 seconds ]  Nice editing, good choice of cut, exciting ambiance, and environmental wise, it is here where you leave the sleeve, and tell us, you know how to drive, and tell us who you are, and who you are, pleases us! Thank you do more!
CAMERA MOVEMENT CONSTRUCT : excellent and precipitously bold specifically at
[ seconds into film at 1:38 seconds ]
Light construct : Appropriate!

Thank you!

The Fractal Forums  the possibilities are infinite

fractalpainter
Forums Freshman

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »

Thank you for watching; Taurus66, this is my nightmare. Germany is the only country banned on those two songs; my apologies.  undecided

Weavers, thank you for the in-depth feedback! It means a lot. I don't think I've ever had someone give such a blow-by-blow with time signatures, much appreciated. In fact, it is these concise moments such as those you reference that make this process scintillating, personally. If there is one or perhaps two frames that give the slightest 'pow' to the brain, it's successful and I'll gladly surround them with support material. Of course, using such polished musical pieces aids in this mini-climatic format.

Something I find paradoxical about most fractal videos I've had the pleasure of watching is that, for all the myriad of length and styles I've seen, there usually isn't a singular moment resulting from some sort of build. Usually with the more skillful and polished renders, the whole film is consistently amazing with zooms, pans, and morphs. Which is fine. I'm hell bent on finding the moments which give you that falling-off-a-cliff sort of reaction, and so far, this is proving difficult. Your feedback is highly valued.

Thank you so much for watching, it is an encouragement. More renders are happening right now.

fractalpainter
fastrail
Alien

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 11:18:49 AM »

great stuff!

what's the song on the first one? (the NIN-like)? fits perfectly!
slon_ru
Iterator

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »

Nice painting!
but requiem ihmo deserves more  undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: