Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 08:17:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Newtonian Triples  (Read 2356 times)
Description: Newton, De Moivre and Sir Roger Cotes honoured
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2012, 10:34:46 AM »

The relation of this topic to vortex mathematics  or rather ring theoretical structure of the Z9 and Z18 and the Z2 + Z9 finite cyclic groups is the fascinating topic of study I am embarking on now.

Here Randy Powell gives some insight

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uROabhExdwY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/uROabhExdwY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:41:04 AM by jehovajah » Logged

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »

So I actually was working on these 2 years ago!

This link discusses the quaternions and the search for a triplex combination

http://www.songho.ca/math/quaternion/quaternion.html

The author sets out to demonstrate by contradiction that a triple form does not exist for the premise he starts with.

2 things: contradiction is not a proof of none existence! And the base elements  chosen are not the only possible basis.

When I tackled this issue it was from a different point of view. I was looking at group behaviours modulo (n), and specifically applying that to the rotation of the axes of a reference frame. I could see what I was doing, but I could not explain what I was doing!

I remember being very poorly at the time, recovering from a life threatening blood disorder. Working on this issue was a welcome distraction.

Applying the roots of unity in this way as a control for the axes interchange seemed an interesting thing to do, but I honestly had no clue what I was doing and moved from one inspirational flash to another.

Today I have the benefit of the mentorship of Hermann Grassmann and that has made a huge difference in terms of my ability to coherently understand what I was doing back then. It is making a huge difference going forward also.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:15:01 AM by jehovajah » Logged

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2014, 02:08:40 PM »

Have no idea whats there is going on, but nice anyway.

I remember bing very poorly at the time, recovering from a life threatening blood disorder. Working on this issue was a welcome distraction.
Fractals aren't so bad way to escape.

fractal catalisator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: