Logo by Timeroot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 10:01:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: subBlue question  (Read 1915 times)
tryptophan
Safarist

« on: September 12, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »

I'm trying to port the SubBlue raytracer into another application (Touch Designer) and can't seem to get it to work. Is it using an extension that isn't visible in the .frag. I've been able to use all of the other renderers except for the SubBlue. SubBlue does work in Fragmentarium no problem. Actually I'm not getting errors just no color (no background color or foreground).  I'd like to try the SubBlue raytracer because it seems pretty fast for some realtime application's. Any ideas?

thanks
Keith
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:49:01 PM »

Weird - there is nothing special about the Subblue-raytracer, so I can't explain that.

You could try the 'Fast-raytracer.frag' which should give similar performance to the SubBlue raytracer.
tryptophan
Safarist

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »

Great thanks, I did get the fast-raytracer working so that will work. I'm doing a bunch of learning now though so maybe at one point I'll be able to figure it out, and preferably write my own engine.
tryptophan
Safarist

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 09:33:12 PM »

Got SubBlue working, I made a major mistake. At this moment I'm limited to the number of uniforms I can have so I have to pack the external values to be used as uniforms into an array and then have each variable sample from a Uniform Array with my channel array as its input. Basically I packed the channels(values) in the wrong order. This method leaves a lot of room for error but it is all I can do until the GLSL operator were using has the ability for an unlimited number of uniforms, hopefully next week it will have the new functionality.

thanks
Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: