Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 09:00:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: image import  (Read 340 times)
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« on: August 27, 2012, 05:49:31 AM »

Hello,
I want to import images to my Ultra Fractal 5.04 Creative edition and I've not been able to open them.  I'm getting computer language on a white screen instead.  I'm trying to open the ones that came with UF before trying anything of my own.  The only file format that will even show the images is (all files) *.* and it's opening them in a coded format.

Can somebody help me with this?  ~Thanks
JohnVV
Conqueror

having fun

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:13:34 PM »

I my self do not use "Ultra Fractal 5.04 Creative edition"
however this " computer language " sounds like the raw data

let me get this strait
the image you want to "open" is by using "Ultra Fractal " to import it ? right
that is you want "Ultra Fractal " to use it

or

are you trying to use a image editor to edit an image made BY "Ultra Fractal "

from this
I'm trying to open the ones that came with UF before trying anything of my own.
it sounds like the second
you are trying to open a "Ultra Fractal" image

is that correct ?

if so , then
what Operating system and what image editor
i am guessing it is a type of "raw" image

i use a terminal ( bash) based program for "raw" images
G'Mic  it is a text only  program ( no gui)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:15:34 PM by JohnVV » Logged

Running OpenSUSE 42.1-64bit & ScientificLinux-6.7-64bit
I don't pitch Linux to my friends,I let Microsoft do it for me!"
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 07:17:22 PM »

Okay.  The tut I was reading said to open an image (they have provided a few images) and gives instructions on this.  I'll include a screen shot.

I want to import/open a regular image like a photograph into UF 5 but they don't open as images, just computer code.  If I go to Browse, it will not browse to the images, only the fractal libraries.  I've read nothing about an image editor to do this.

I am trying to open a photo not a fractal image.

Everybody who replies says they don't use UF.  So what do you all use?

Thanks.

* fractal.jpg (96.42 KB, 500x453 - viewed 78 times.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »

You don't use the open command in the file menu - you need the one in the coloring algorithm.  Look for it in the right side-bar thing after choosing the image coloring algorithm.

I only ever did it once, was totally unimpressed with UF, and moved on to software I enjoyed  afro

Hope that helps.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:00:12 AM »

Thanks, I re-read the tut and got it right this time.  Can you say which software you like best for fractals?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »

Thanks, I re-read the tut and got it right this time.  Can you say which software you like best for fractals?

Glad you got it working   cheesy

My tastes in software are a little ... different.

I found working with UF to be, well, work!  While I acknowledge it is capable of Amazing things - it's a drudge for my tiny little brain to use.

For basic Mandlebrot play, ChaosPro is fun, albeit limited.  I really enjoy playing with Chaoscope for strange attractors, And Mandlebulb3D is Fantastic for the newer breed of fractals.

For image play, Mutatorkammer is still the most fun!  It's older and never left "beta" development, and therefore a bit unstable, but still great fun (works best on older operating systems).  Look for it in our downloads section  (the rest should be easy to find).

Check out as many as you can find for free, then try demos of pay software, and see which ones are the most fun for you !

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »

Thank you
I will do that!

Just downloaded Mutatorkamme and it's all greek to me!  Are there any beginner tuts anywhere?  Any "getting started" help?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:08:40 PM by coldwetnoz » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »

Thank you
I will do that!

Just downloaded Mutatorkamme and it's all greek to me!  Are there any beginner tuts anywhere?  Any "getting started" help?

I wrote one years ago and posted it on the official Mutatorkammer site, but ...  Somebody updated that site and all it's posts vanished.

I still have the pictures in my photobucket account, so will see about recreating it over the weekend ...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: