Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 07:03:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Ultrafractal Wiki Goes Online !  (Read 5902 times)
Description: ultrafractalwiki.fractalforums.com
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: January 01, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »

afro afro afro afro afro
Hello all,

i want to announce ( in the name of user db ) the launch of ultrafractalwiki online:

When the stand-alone version my Ultra Fractal Wiki was made available for download Frederik Slijkerman and others suggested that it be put online. One person who made the suggestion, Christian Kleinhuis, graciously offered to host the wiki on a subdomain of his FractalForums site, installed the MediaWiki software to facilitate the process, and provided some very helpful input and enhancements. So with Christian's support the standalone version was migrated online, and during that process the content was increased by about 50% and also underwent considerable refinement.

As before, the purpose of this wiki is to provide access to information on the use of Ultra Fractal to create fractal art. Most of the content comes from the wealth of information in emails posted to the Ultra Fractal Mailing List.

To assist in finding information several different top level views are provided. The Concepts and Terms, HowTo, Reference Info, and Tutorials views have been retained and three new views have been added:

UF5: The structure of this page is based on the UF5 application with sections for each tool window and links for each window tab.

Examples by Image: Provides a thumbnail gallery of over 100 images with links to their associated UPRs (parameter files).

Examples by Slot/Parameter: Indexes well over 100 UPR's by some of the classes they use, categorized by plug-in slot/parameter. I have tried to provide a variety of example UPRs both visually and in class use.

As time permits, I will continue to add content from the mailing list and other sources that are made available. With approximately 500 articles, numerous example upr's, and extensive indexing and cross-referencing the wiki should be quite useful in its present form. However it only incorporates mailing list posts since I joined the list about 9 months ago so there's a lot of room for growth.

The Ultra Fractal Wiki is at: http://ultrafractalwiki.fractalforums.com/

I hope you find it useful.

db
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:34:31 PM by Trifox » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:38:03 PM »

Wikid !!

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »

Thank you Don Berendsen & danke Christian for this kind of * New Year * present - I  r e a l l y enjoy about your activities :-)))

That´s what I did - my Link :-)))))
http://www.graphicandfractalworld.com/FractalWorld.html

Send my Happy New Year wishes to all now :-)
Margit

fractalwizz
Conqueror

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 01:41:15 AM »

awesome

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: