Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Understanding use of formulas  (Read 4056 times)
Lalla
« on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »

Maybe my is a silly question but I must do it... Grin with closed eyes

How can I use formulas?

Eg. is possible use amazing box with ifs formulas?
What formulas mixing to do something of original?
what'are kaleidoscopic ifs? What formulas can I use with it?
How can I unload a formula, eg. if i want use only one and not two or three to mixing?
Why, when I try to load amazing ifs, a warning tells me "Error, no shape formula selected".

Thanks a lot for help.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:47:21 AM by Lalla » Logged
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »

Most of the information you're asking for is available in the readme file (as Jesse has told me on a regular basis when I asked my own questions...  grin) and there's also a lot available in the forums here. I have to admit though that it is not always very easy to find what you need here...

You can mix amazing box with IFS formulas in the 3Da and 4Da tab. You cannot combine these formulas with the DIFS formulas, unless you use them as a DEcombinate (see readme file and tooltips in M3D for detailed info).

You can unload a formula in M3D by selecting a blank formula. They used to be in every tab, but I noticed that in version 1.8, only the 4Da tab has a blank left.

Amazing IFS is a transformation and you need a shape to use the transformation on. You can put the transformation first or the shape first, as long as there is a least one shape. The first IFS tab has shapes, the second one has transformations.

Good luck in your explorations!

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »

Maybe my is a silly question but I must do it... Grin with closed eyes

Many people say here there is no such thing as a stupid question.
I think also there is no such thing as a silly question when the question is asked in a frank manner.

I am not that familiar with M3D but I will try to answer some questions:

How can I use formulas?

I believe you just click on the yellow folder on the "Formulas" tab and choose one of the formulas listed.
If you see no formulas listed, you need somehow to find the folder with the formulas in it.

Eg. is possible use amazing box with ifs formulas?
What formulas mixing to do something of original?
what'are kaleidoscopic ifs? What formulas can I use with it?

These questions I cannot answer for you.  sad

How can I unload a formula, eg. if i want use only one and not two or three to mixing?

This one I think I know.  cheesy
Maybe not.  huh?  But try setting "Iterationcount" or "Max. iterations" to 0.

Thanks a lot for help.

You're welcome to what little I've offered.
Fred E

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
Lalla
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »

thanks for help...

If I need help now I know where ask... Grin with closed eyes
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 12:13:46 PM »

now I know where ask... Grin with closed eyes

I think there will be others who will be around to help you.  Most are quite busy it seems, working on their individual projects.  I know the others would be able to help you more.  As I said, I do not know the program very well.  I used it for about 2 months earlier this year, but have forgotten most of that which I learned.

Fred E

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
Lalla
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »

Mmm...another silly question...maybe...? Grin with closed eyes

Is possible make a "slice" of a fractal to do more better zooms???
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:46:27 PM by Lalla » Logged
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »

I think you are referring to the cutting-option. It's actually very well described in the readme file ;-)

If you select "In and Outside" render in the formulas tab, you can even create hollow fractals. I've added an example of a cut Menger cube that has been made hollow by selecting the in and outside checkbox

Excerpt of "Mandelbulb3DReadmet.txt":

CUTTING:
--------
  Enable clipping planes for 3D calculation by clicking on the right option
  boxes.  Change the values to shift the plane in that dimension or take the
  values direct from the image by clicking on the specific button and after-
  wards on the rendered object in the main image.
  The side that points towards the viewer will be automatically cutted of.
  Caution: Transparency is currently not working well with cuttings!

Parameters of cut Menger box:

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
b.....S....O/...w....2...............1.......s1E................................
........................................kz1........Y./..................y.2...wD
...Uz.....E0..../M.0/.....kN....g/....E3.....omEQgisq6rD/..........m/dkpXmn/...U
z.....kD12../..........wz..................................u1....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sD51PwmeWhfznhNMIOip7pzgz.LpM.vVxjRRxgCKosEwnYRydIKa5uzwPN9SaPRGyDoNZVbf6.
Uz1YMoeiXdRsz4otP0sjlIyD......Y/..............sD.6....sD..E.0MaNaNaNaNyjOaNaNaNa
7z1........wzqAnAt1...sD....z.Lvm..2i91.kuiA..pvm..wj91.E0jA..Hwm.......A....k1.
..................kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....U5...EB....m....c3....F....6/...I1.....SF52
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.pc..zXCc..kvrEtMc7xD4ocyFE0ujz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
.Ub96aAIVz9.1se7Umvxz0........../EU0.wzzz1...........s/...................E.2c..
zzzz.............0...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNPcveeWCNq0.yRiibHJJUk1f..XR
SvBmx3CcN/UvNPcvQsLsUa3.ibhVi1bTV1OK.sSq4uCly3CcN/UvNPcvMwLsUa3.ibhVinqTV1OK.sSq
4uCkz3CcN/UvNPcv..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
E../.2....E.....I....c....EHZtqNZ7rA..pPrJaQ..............................U/4MU/
4M.................0./........zD........kz1........wz...........................
................................................................................
........................}

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: