Logo by mario837 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Exporting parameters from interpolated animation sequences?  (Read 4218 times)
morbidorbits
Forums Freshman

« on: July 01, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »

I'm really really enjoying farting about with the animation feature now I have a grown up computer!  grin

My question is:

If I have a simple sequence with a starting parameter and an ending parameter and 4000 frames auto-generated in between, and I see an exported image which I really like, but which has occurred in between the start and end parameters, is there a way I can obtain a parameter (or M3i?) for it?  If there is not, can we have the option to export M3i and image for the sequence?

I tried a search and I looked at the interface but I couldn't see an obvious answer.

Thank you

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:33:35 AM »

see http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/keyframe-selectability/ for a similar request.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
morbidorbits
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:32:50 PM »

Thanks Taurus.  I had a read and a play.

I tried pausing the animation and trying to save the current parameter as an M3i.  I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but although the shape and camera info are saved, the colour info is not.

I would still like the option of exporting each rendered frame in an animation as an M3i, despite the fact that it will add to the render time.  I would find this a really useful option but I don't know how achievable this is.

kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »

Hi and welcome.

I suspect that if you're doing "4000 frames auto-generated in between," (sounds like me), then you're probably trying one of the techniques I wrote/asked about some months ago,
i.e mixing and mangling parameters from different formulas?

If this is so, as you rightly suggest, you find something along the way  that you like but something is not right when you come to save it - even if it's only the colours. There are some ways around this; for example, make sure you do a save of the colours and you can usually load them in on top of the M3i file that creates the wrong colours. This only works sometimes though.

It gets very convoluted, so, to save typing, I can only point you to the rather lengthy ramble I did to try to understand this -
http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/how-to-create-%27unique%27-fractal-art-with-m3d-%28or-how-not-to%29/msg33594/#msg33594 (ignore the beginning part)...

...and, better still,  its contributed update with newer knowledge - to offer some assistance - if indeed you are using thi technique.
http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/the-interpolations-in-mandelbulb3d/msg40603/#msg40603

...if you haven't already seen them.

regards
kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
morbidorbits
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »

Hi Kam and many thanks for your welcome.

I had read your first link and had a quick go at some of the things there.  Thanks.

I think your second link covers my predicament, although I won't have the chance to test it for a while (I bookmarked the webpage).

I'm not at all concerned about having to bodge it a bit, as the program is such an amazing piece of work; we can't expect to have everything (at least not straight away!).

smiley

kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:59:45 PM »

Hi,

glad to be of some use.

That method is certainly not easy on helping beginners to understand.
'Bodge' away. Be careful in there; you might lose a limb - or your mind.

Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
morbidorbits
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »

My mind was lost back in the days of Fractint  wink

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: