Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A fractal CPU  (Read 13430 times)
Description: How printing fractal chips might possibly make computers problem solvers
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »

No harm in mentioning your believes. I personally try to be as generic and inclusive as possible to not step on anyone else's toes. (Note that nothing I said in this thread gave any details on my own believes concerning any deity. I merely pointed out that such an entity is neither required nor contradicted by any of the so far discovered laws of nature.) Still, I don't think, anybody here will think more or less of you because of your religious believes.

Though, the Google Tech Talk I linked above is pretty much exactly the answer to your question. It's the current state of the art of real-time-simulating a mind on the computer. (The blue brain / human brain - project simulates an entire brain, not only the neo-cortex, and with a lot more details, but it's also WAY slower)
Hierarchical Temporal Memories, as of now, can already use memory in the same way our brains do it and can form predictions from it as well as tell you, how surprising a pattern is (e.g. how far away from previously learned events it is)
Some mechanics, though, are still missing from it. For instance, this network can't yet focus its attention on anything. It's essentially always spread over the entire mind. It can't guess, what is important and what not, and thus isn't as efficient as the brain would be.

This system of reasoning and predicting already is highly fractal and, even better, could almost certainly be implemented "hard-coded" on today's hardware. - E.g. you could make it into a "fractal CPU"
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »

It amazes me that some have been so mistreated for their convictions in public forums that they feel they must apologise! We have a right to appropriate free speech on this forum, but no right to convert others to our point of view.

That being accepted , why can we all not just "get along?".

The electromechanical models or electronic models of brain function are a testament to our fractal nature, especially in that by understanding a part we can feel our way towards a much greater constructed system. Already on many fronts such systems would seemingly surpass our ability, but when you add in the complexity of what we do unconsciously you may realise that it would take all that "speed" to emulate the thinking of say a queen bee or maybe some small social animate.

This is of course neglecting the full on fundamantal proprioceptive role our unconscious provides.

A fractal cpu is a model that helps me understand how it all possibly works, but does not escape from being just a model.

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: