Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: DOF 4 boxplorer2  (Read 2217 times)
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« on: June 23, 2012, 08:53:22 PM »

Now there's depth of field for mac >http://code.google.com/p/boxplorer2/downloads/detail?name=mac32-2.04.zip&can=2&q=
does it work 4 your mac? tested a bit with nvidia and Ati.. hurt
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »

argh!
you need sdl.framework//get it here http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php
eiffie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »

Marius had asked about a DOF script I was working with and it is finally ready for use. It seems pretty fast to me but I'm not as "real-timey" as Boxplorer. It has nice bokeh highlights and more importantly it doesn't mess up the focused regions by bleeding into or out of them like 99% of the scripts out there do smiley
It does allow highlights to extend over the focused region like a camera lens does. Enough talk lets see it...

* DOF.frag (3.26 KB - downloaded 142 times.)
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »

Marius had asked about a DOF script I was working with and it is finally ready for use. It seems pretty fast to me but I'm not as "real-timey" as Boxplorer. It has nice bokeh highlights and more importantly it doesn't mess up the focused regions by bleeding into or out of them like 99% of the scripts out there do smiley
It does allow highlights to extend over the focused region like a camera lens does. Enough talk lets see it...

Nice!  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 09:24:31 AM »

Looks great, Eiffie! Is it possible to make the Bokeh more rounded?
eiffie
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »

Yes it has options for different shapes. You can even program fractal shapes. I am wondering if its possible to get these highlights by clamping monti-carlo ray casts to a shape and applying the same gain and threshold - I have to try it.
eiffie
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »

A user asked for a version that works with Fragmentarium. It is attached. When you do a hi-res render use enough padding so there are no seams. Example if you set DOFSize at 0.2 set the padding at 20%. The other controls you will have to figure out smiley

* eiffieDOF.zip (6.84 KB - downloaded 100 times.)
SCORPION
Conqueror

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 04:28:21 AM »

Thank you eiffie!
It works! It's even better, as Fast-raytraker was not a function of DOF!  A Beer Cup
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 10:14:50 AM by SCORPION » Logged
SCORPION
Conqueror

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »

Unfortunately it does not work when rendering high resolution.
When the number of tiles 2x2 effect is weaker when the number of tiles 8x8 DOF effect disappears.
eiffie
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 09:10:36 PM »

Thanks Scorp but I can't figure this one out. I need to get the new tiled resolution (or the number of tiles) into the shader. Don't know how other than manually. (does anyone know?)
SCORPION
Conqueror

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 08:14:21 AM »

I think this is a presumption that the function of DOF should pull out BufferShader-eiffieDOF.frag
and introduce directly Fast-Raytracer-eiffieDOF.frag
Maybe it will work fine
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: