END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 08:29:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A different style of reflection  (Read 3597 times)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »

considered trying this ssdo procedure?

Unfortunately it is not that easy to implement in m3d, not only a little extension of ssao.  No time at the moment for it, btw i had already started to do something like this a while ago but i saw that it would be more effort i thought.

The color diffusion looks very subtle btw wink I don't notice a diffusion of the green?

red is (255,0,0) and green (0,128,0), and with internal gamma of 2 the reflected intensity of green is just 1/4... dunno if this explains it or maybe there is something not 100% exact in the coding.  Attached the pic with internal gamma of 1.

And, what if you realize a "stoppable" rendering? I mean, that you can halt anytime like in the realtime script wink

This would be common for such rendering methods, the longer you calculate the less noise you have.  But it needs a better interface, a new fileformat etc.  You might be surprised that i have also other things to do  wink

* italian room g1.jpg (124.91 KB, 800x600 - viewed 267 times.)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »

It's more visible now smiley thanks

Another ssdo paper; http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~ritschel/Papers/SSDO.pdf

Also, found this http://dudka.cz/rrv/ that presents an interesting "fast radiosity"

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 03:56:50 PM »

In feature request maybe I would stand not for better shadows or reflections, but for more colouring methods and colour methods with parameters;) Yeah, and for british english, too.
(I think, I don't nead another thread.)

Exponent smoothing with amazingbox and mandelbulb works nicely, through with no more than first 15 iterations or it gets noizy. If you iterate exponent smoothing with z=cabs(z+ parameter) before summ=exp(-z) +summ, you can move colours around and make dotted mandelbulb. Well, single plain exponent smoothing, maybe with some iteration normalisation, would be well enought.

Well there are lots of 2D colour methods, probably one can use Chaos Pro or some Ultra Fractal .upr formulas without built in colouring to test, how and which work in 3D. This should be hudge field of future research for years to come.

Yeah, and with british english, becouse there mostly are Эuropeans;)

* expsmooth_mirrored_amazingbox_2.jpg (80.97 KB, 360x270 - viewed 228 times.)

* expsmooth_dotted_mandelbulb.jpg (55.52 KB, 320x240 - viewed 208 times.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:58:58 PM by Asdam » Logged

fractal catalisator
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »

Another possible solution; use "obscurance" method cheesy

http://ima.udg.edu/iiia/ggg/usersdocs/mateu/obscurances.pdf
http://www.graphicon.ru/2006/fe10_17_MendezSbert.pdf

The MC method seems to be the slowest of all
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:53:28 PM by DarkBeam » Logged

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »

I think, renders are alredy very realistic, and I think, best improvement step would be couloring methods, maybe implemented like fractal formulas (so that user darkbeam could make lots of them), or maybe just more. That would add another dimension on the amazingbox.
Another exponents moothed bulb + trap center cabs(z+2). This is pretty simple.

* Number_mandelbulb_negative.jpg (67.14 KB, 400x300 - viewed 215 times.)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:44:33 PM by Asdam » Logged

fractal catalisator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: