Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 09:01:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Is UF 5 worth 129$ ???  (Read 5387 times)
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »

To do REAL Art!  clown  bubble gum

<Quoted Image Removed>

That could easily be done in UF by importing into UF rather than exporting from it - in fact in that particular case it would almost certainly have been easier anyway wink

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »

That could easily be done in UF by importing into UF rather than exporting from it - in fact in that particular case it would almost certainly have been easier anyway wink

No chance at all of it being easier.  That was done with a physics simulation.  Nigh completely automated.

UF is nice, but you are just so far off base claiming it can do everything Maya can do - it hurts the credibility of your other statements.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 05:12:43 AM »

so, just to make it clear, other fractal programs copy functionality, i mean script and formula parsing, this just marks the special position this program has,
surely as dave pointed out it could handle any data format, but lets be cool, it is hard enough to just import an image as orbit trap shape wink, so, in my
eyes the anser to the question if uf is worth 120$ it is just easy as if i programmed such a tool, i would take an equal amount of money to reward
myself for producing such a great software, and so, the answer to the originating question is: YES!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 12:31:44 AM »

No chance at all of it being easier.  That was done with a physics simulation.  Nigh completely automated.

UF is nice, but you are just so far off base claiming it can do everything Maya can do - it hurts the credibility of your other statements.

OK - I'll rephrase - just add the word "potentially" and exclude exportation of non-image types - since if it can be programmed, then you can program it in UF, in a language that's no more difficult than BASIC and only requires UF and no external compilers etc.
With the Animation version of UF doing any form of physics simulation would not be a problem, frankly I'm surprised no-one's done it yet....

matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »

yes i would say so but only if you want to do serious art

open-source rocks
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »

Yes - just compare it with the price of similar gfx software e.g. Photoshop...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: