Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 02:02:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: do we have talented coders here for an intro/demo ?  (Read 982 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: June 18, 2012, 08:44:00 AM »

just wondering .... recently i dreamed about making some realtime stuff from the forums to be shown at a demo party,
something like:
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=59086

but not neccessarily a 4k, 64k would be good enoug to show that fractals owe the power.... and even a demo would be nice ....

few people play around with gpu scripting, and some come up with nice:
http://www.fractalforums.com/movies-showcase-%28rate-my-movie%29/very-rare-deep-sea-fractal-creature/?topicseen
or polyhedras, and some do log-deep-zooming
and not forgetting about simple 3d technique that i would like to use as welll
it could for example be used to stop at an animation where an interesting point is reached, and then just flicker the view to create a short - but rather stunning - 3d effect

so, we have the variety to choose for the content,most of the scripts are ready to be used inside fragmentarium,

although i have a programmers background i have no fun anymore in coding demos, perhaps such times will come back if no one wants to join in wink

BUT

consider a realtime demo featuring many decent animation pathes through sophistically animated morphing fractals ( not too deep, just float wink )
e.g. kalis lifeform could be used and copied as a sea floor ...

i am actually in a decent computer group but they do not really like my ideas of fractals, fractal demo and the stuff we are doing here, perhaps
they think it is too complicated, but nevertheless i could ask for musik, and some coding hints....

what do you think ?! do we find 2-3 programmers that might work on a executable framework able to import mandelbulb3d or mandelbulber animation pathes
with formula definition ?! the rest of the forums could provide nice pathes/colorsetup/locations and overall storyboard....
 angel

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »

I remember test movies on TV some time back that were made with this flickering 3d method the whole movie on  crazy eyes
(iirc the flickering was vertical, but it might be hard to follow for a longer time anyways)

just a thought...
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »

Why use just a few frames for the "flicker" effect. 
Why not use more frames from side to side, so the anim pans more slowly right to left?
So it would be like a video that a cave explorer might take with a camera on his headgear.

It gives me some ideas for Apophysis, but Apo's 3D doesn't seem so well suited for integrating that effect into an animation.  But I think it could be done with some effort.

Fred

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »

I would use that effect on still frames 5 or so frames would underline a nice object letting it pop out of the screen then back to normal. . .

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: