Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 02:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Image Showcase gallery damaged!  (Read 971 times)
Description: WTF?!
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:18:15 AM »

Oh, this does not look good.

I just reloaded the FractalArt/Images Showcase gallery (http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=11) to see if there was anything new there to look at and to my horror everything newer than Kali's "Fallen" seems to be gone. That now shows as the most recent item! It's months old! It shows as still sorted by Date Descending, so it's not that I accidentally changed the sort or something -- it's definitely claiming that "Fallen" is now the most recent image that it has in that gallery. Which amounts to a claim that about three months worth of newer material, probably over a hundred images, no longer exists.

I hope you have good backups, because it looks like a big damn chunk of the gallery got vaporized sometime in the last hour or so.

Unless it simply got moved or something ... which might be nearly as bad, if they got scattered all over the galleries so that it would take a Herculean effort to find them all and remember what really belongs where.

Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:24:39 AM »

OK, it's not as bad as it looked at first. I loaded up http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=511 and it showed all of my recent uploads, and then I clicked through to the most recent, "Cave Hive", and the image came up. It might have been the browser cache being stale but I doubt it, and it also worked with older image "Slimed!", which definitely loaded too slowly to be coming from cache and is newer than "Fallen" as well.

So, it looks like the images themselves still exist on the digitalgott server. They also still show as existing in the correct galleries, including ones that were posted to FractalArt after "Fallen" was posted to that gallery by Kali.

So, it seems to be an index/database problem. The images are there, and theoretically still in the correct galleries, but the gallery listing subroutine just doesn't see 'em if they're newer than "Fallen", or something like that.

There's probably some sort of "rebuild index" command that will fix this, then.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:26:48 AM by Pauldelbrot » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 01:29:18 AM »

np, template file is 100kb i have just slow internet connection, had to implement random order. while uploading gallery is broken ...
should be fine now, --- .... but globally ... sad just until end of compo

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:33:47 AM »

It's only partially fixed. The newest thing in the FractalArt gallery front page is now from April 19, but clicking through to it shows a link to the next newer item and all the newer items still exist via bookmarks, links in forum threads, or other means of access.

That seems to be an improvement -- only two months of stuff missing from the gallery listing instead of three or four. But it still makes it impossible for the FractalArt gallery to be properly checked for new stuff and will probably reduce views of material newer than April 19 until it's completely fixed.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »

it is just for the newxt 2 weeks, didnt want to modify too much gallery code, so i just included random sort order globally....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: