Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 12:31:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Re: Mandelbulb 3d Concerns  (Read 2054 times)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« on: June 05, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »

Mini request for the scale slider, new option wrap1 and 2... It's too too much sensible, it's almost impossible to do a fine-tuning, and the maximum scale is so high! Everytime I move that slider, the image melts into a cloud of pixels cry

Also wrap2 option looks strange, like a fading of 4 different options or something? huh? smiley

A Beer Cup Jesse

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »

Mini request for the scale slider, new option wrap1 and 2... It's too too much sensible, it's almost impossible to do a fine-tuning, and the maximum scale is so high! Everytime I move that slider, the image melts into a cloud of pixels cry

Also wrap2 option looks strange, like a fading of 4 different options or something? huh? smiley

A Beer Cup Jesse

i too find the slider to sensitive and the range extension too large ,  with less wide range the slider should get much more precision

I like wrap2 , i didn' yet understand well what type of wrapping does but judging from the results it does well.

About light object and slider i would love if  "Combine map y with diffuse colours" could be controlled and dosed by a slider instead then be a bool, a yes/not option

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 12:47:24 AM »

I had to do it as an absolute parameter to work in animations!
Else you would get changing surface colorings when zooming in... so you need a scale variation of > 1e12 to work on all zooms!
Remind that you can always use the keyboard arrows to get the smallest slider changes.
The scaling is kind of logarithmic for this case.

It is based on Syntopias suggestion on mapping 3 dimensions with the weight of the normals, it is doing quite well as i think.
I had also the idea to get for each dimension a different map to get a different surface coloring for ceiling, walls...
the room for more values in the lighting parameters is currently very limited.
Dunno if i find the time for doing new completely parameters, the program is quite big and also tiny changes requires a lot of time and testing  sad

A Beer Cup Jesse

Its here  Azn
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »

You are right, anyways; what is the chance that somebody zooms to 10^12 in a flat surface grin

Flat surfaces are those who work best with your bitmaps smiley

An idea can be to rend more sensible the area near to 0. But you can also leave me alone grin ! Don't care

This is a confront of choices with the cutie spheremap! grin What puzzles me is the fact that the 3rd option shows three "blended" faces at once cheesy

* cutie opts.GIF (29.95 KB, 311x748 - viewed 346 times.)

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: