Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 02:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How to approach ro object without cutting it?  (Read 10358 times)
crunchy
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »

I would agree with you crunchy, but only if the object is in the same distance as the screen!
.... So in this case the screen must project a bigger image for the right eye...

I understand what bothers you. Make another experiment (it will take less time). Take a 2D photography of some subject and look on that subject by arbitrarily changing the distance and orientation of the photography. Do you notice that you don’t have any problems watching the subject on photography even though the distance from the subject to both eyes differ and the subject’s physical size on the photography is the same for both eyes?

Stereoscopic picture is no exception. Any vertical/size misalignment is problematic.

Addition:
I see that screen distance changes the same as object distance, so there must be an issue with the implementation...

I hope that you'll find enough time to make a new version.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:46:39 PM by crunchy » Logged
crunchy
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 02:46:19 PM »

Maybe just another picture to show relation between making pictures and viewing pictures. Note that pictures of the object (rectangle) are the same size when taking and showing.

* Eyes_views.gif (46.12 KB, 1694x906 - viewed 314 times.)
Boya
Forums Freshman

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 08:46:33 AM »

I would think Jesse knows if his program is converging or not...
And a convergence would not yield the resulting vertical shift the near the centre of the picture in my last post.

I made a movie yesterday with the same base parameters, and all the "statues" display all have the same disparity problem.
crunchy
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »

And a convergence would not yield the resulting vertical shift the near the centre of the picture in my last post.

This is true. However, convergence of cameras lead to keystone distortion. Only parallel shift is OK for stereoscopy.
It's true that keystone distortion might be corrected later on by using some special filters. However:

- you won't get perfect correction in all the cases, and
- correction will cause degradation of picture quality and sharpness.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »

Could you please try the new 1.798 as i told, those corrupt example pars are all made with 1.796!
crunchy
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »

Yes, it seems that version 1.798 works properly (I've tested it on 1.796). At least I cannot find any vertical disparities on my example given on the first page of this thread.

Thank you very much, Jesse!!!
Boya
Forums Freshman

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 01:31:29 AM »

Woohaa..

My first tests with 98 are all fine, also for the animation maker.

Thank you!

Moderator: Maybe I´m missing something, but how should I have known there is a new release?

Crunchy: I´m coming to Slovenia with a theatre peice in 3D this August.
Pm or whatever if you´re interested.

crunchy
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 10:41:40 AM »

Moderator: Maybe I´m missing something, but how should I have known there is a new release?

In the upper Menu (Home, Help, Search,...) there is "Downloads" button as well. I also agree that the new versions should be "advertised" more aggressively.  wink

Crunchy: I´m coming to Slovenia with a theatre peice in 3D this August.

Great!! Will PM you...
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 04:59:11 PM »

Woohaa..

My first tests with 98 are all fine, also for the animation maker.

Thank you!

Sorry, i really thought that i have told it in this thread, but it must be in another one or whatever...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: