Logo by yv3 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 03:05:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Cellular automatas  (Read 14504 times)
Far
Forums Freshman

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 08:31:59 AM »

hermann told me I ought to share this in this thread, so here goes:

Obviously, made using cellular automata. There's nothing mathematically groundbreaking going on here (I used a cellular automata formula in UF's public database. Each pixel's color is tied to a value between 0-2, which is determined by the sum of the values assigned to the three pixels above it) but I don't know if I've seen anybody pursue CA artistically in quite this fashion before.

The three "panels" are independent images; each in turn is composed of three different renders of the CA formula, each render with different settings.

hermann
Iterator

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »

It is always interesting to see the patterns produced by cellular automata without thinking deeply in mathematics.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:25:36 PM by hermann » Logged

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 07:36:53 AM »

Very nice. Don't you feel the texture in these renderings? Something is missing in that regard by just exploring in 2 d.

Mathematics is not where to start from. Spaciometry maybe, but definitely your Logos Response.

spaciometrically, you reference  definitions of spaciometric form, surface and structures, spaciometric mass and spaciometric density.

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 11:54:04 AM »

Nassim Haramein shows a CGI animation

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vThC&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vThC&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vThC_5Yznro&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vThC_5Yznro&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: