Logo by yv3 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:09:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Art Takes Times Square  (Read 1508 times)
Description: Artists Wanted scam?
Brummbaer
Alien

Brummbaer N.A.
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:16:53 PM »

To whom it may concern, or whoever knows more than me...
Lately I got an invitation:
 "Over the past five years Artists Wanted has provided over $1.5 million in cash and awards to artists, photographers and designers like you. This summer Chashama and the Times Square Alliance is working with Artists Wanted to present artists from around the world in brilliant lights on a massive scale in one of the most iconic locations in the world. You are invited to participate in: Art Takes Times Square.
   I already am present on Deviant art, and several other image bank type sites without ever selling anything nor getting any communication. I vaguely remember checking the site and it seemed like you need to pay if you want to seriously participate on their site. What irritated me is the vagueness of all their promises -- on Times Square -- but where? 10 000 artists are on their roster? No mentioning of formats, just promises of a big party and 1000nds of award Dollars. I already forgot about all this, when I got mail from one of our favourite artists: bib993, also known as Jeremie Brunet, who asks everybody to vote for him. Of course, we all would like to turn our fractal art into real money, but I suspect we are being scammed. When you think Times Square and sponsors -- I expect some fabulous sponsors but the ones on the site look rather flimsy.
I tried to apply today to get some more info, but the the site seems not to work at the moment.
Does anybody have any more information, how much of a hoax or scam this is, before more wonderful artists like Jeremie are turning into unwilling partners in crime -- and waste their time.
Greetings and curiously waiting for solid info,
Brummbaer
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »

Welcome! Some great work i notice.
Goodluck in your pusuit of hoaxers in the Art world! wink

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:29:01 AM »

maybe this thread is valuable to separate myth and truth  grin
maybe you need to follow this thread a bit further, but much is declared there.
http://www.fractalforums.com/art-discussions/please-support-my-fractals!-(and-enter-the-competition-if-you-wish!)/msg45512/

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: