Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A live music commision for the best mandlebulber!!  (Read 2436 times)
Description: i'm looking for the best mandlebulb artist here...
mistabishi
« on: May 11, 2012, 02:47:46 AM »

Hi!

this seemed the busiest forum.

I'm a dance music producer and performer and i need an hour's worth of mindmelting mandlebulbary for the back drop projection of my show.

i would love it to be as detailed and polished as possible, with the least amount of pop-up and scaling, and the maximum amount of zooming in/zooming out!!

i have the program but don't really have the rendering power to pull it off, nor, unfortunately, the time to really dedicate to making it.

if anyone here would like their work projected in front of thousands of partying people please get in touch!

my number is (uk) 07730452965

and my email is mistabishii@hotmail.com

thanks,

- james
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:50:09 AM »

Oh shit, it's Mistabishi!  shocked

Mad respek, hope someone here can help you A Beer Cup Unfortunately bulbs aren't my speciality, but I think you want something like this (maybe contact the authors?):

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=15138486&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=15138486&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

I'm familiar with the rendering methods used, but unfortunately don't have the time to dedicate to such a project at the moment either.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:55:13 AM by lycium » Logged

mistabishi
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »

Oh shit, it's Mistabishi!  shocked

Mad respek, hope someone here can help you! A Beer Cup

yeh i hope so too!

it's such a wonderful visual experience. the person who showed it to me was a guy called Nigel Gordon who worked with Arthur C Clarke on Colours of Infinity and did videos for Pink Floyd. he really wants to see an epic mandletrip projected at a festival this summer, so I need to get on it really quickly!!!

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:58:38 AM »

You might ask the mighty Inigo Quilez, currently at pixar, if he maybe wants to help out - he's a CG wizard and early Mandelbulb renderer too: http://iquilezles.org/

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »

an hour of dedicated 3d fractal video could be a problem. only the gpu related renderers like fragmentarium or the linux version of mandelbulber might handle such a quest.
if you need some contacts of fractal animators you should take a look at the "mandelnauts" channel on vimeo http://vimeo.com/channels/mandelnauts. there are some talented movie makers there and you can possibly find some allies for your project.
good luck!  wink

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
weavers
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:10:17 PM »

Greeting and Salutations, and hats off to the experimental musicians of the space artistic techno piece music!

No, no more play player, said, he drowning in the movie, misery see doused in rotating swirls worlds space wizardry,  was he, no he wasn't, but still bury hidden forbidden  be he, flowing energy goer, thous flow hits hard, said the rod, as you look shook.

Be it known, from thence your music came, when you sublogic sub c rhythms, spoke smoke and broke out playing, to us it awoke, please we be by the sensor musicality, stop by again!

Go with the force

mistabishi
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 04:49:56 AM »

an hour of dedicated 3d fractal video could be a problem. only the gpu related renderers like fragmentarium or the linux version of mandelbulber might handle such a quest.
if you need some contacts of fractal animators you should take a look at the "mandelnauts" channel on vimeo http://vimeo.com/channels/mandelnauts. there are some talented movie makers there and you can possibly find some allies for your project.
good luck!  wink

thanks for the reply.
i think the option would be to collate 5 minute mandlebulb trips and just run them one after the other. a single trip in a single bulb would likely be quite dull compared to a sequence of varying renders.
i've been contacted by a few people as a result of this thread, and thought it best to state that my budget is *not* in the tens of thousands! musicians are for the most part (aside from the very VERY few) a poorly remunerated species!
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 09:03:16 AM »

Hello there, please forgive my curiosity but..
finally how things are going? who is in charge of the animation?
I just watched this video here..
  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkuLzsDduiI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/HkuLzsDduiI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:17:16 PM by visual.bermarte » Logged
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »

One idea would be 2 create a mash up of videos created by different people
with a sort of glitchy/fast/filtered montage on a dvd or on a video file.
It could be a form of collaborative project for volunteers of this forum.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:45:12 AM by visual.bermarte » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »

who is in charge for the animation?

Nobody is in charge of the animations.

Everybody is "in charge" of their own!

If you see any you want to use with your projects you'll need to contact each artist individually to get permission.

Hope that helps.

EDIT - oops.  Mistook your post for the person inquiring about using works found here.  Why do you ask?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:36:25 AM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 12:04:26 PM »

@Sock: I have the permission to use my own animations, thanks  tease
Nobody in charge of the animation.
Everybody is "in charge" of their own!
IMO that's very zen!  afro
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »

@Sock: I have the permission to use my own animations, thanks  tease IMO that's very zen!  afro

Really?

I've been asking myself for permission to use my stuff for months!  But I can't get me to reply.

Lazy dang hippy...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: