Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 03:53:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Things only a fractal artist can say...  (Read 2334 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »

I have been playing with FractInt for many years, but recently wanted to start investigating how to make my old formulas into julia versions, and found the FractInt ismand variable which returns true if you are displaying standard mandelbrot type fractals, and false if you are investigating julia fractals.

I was explaining this to my wife about how it works, and it got me thinking that as a fractal artist (or whatever the phrase may be) that there may be some phrases that I can get away with following my discussion with my wife on the subject.

This one in particular springs to mind:

Wife:  What are you doing?
Me: I'm exploring julia on the computer...

Can anyone do better than that?

Simon

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »

having fun with julia cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:14:25 PM »

Look at the bulbs on that Julia!

(Trust me to lower the tone... Sorry if any Julia on the board takes offence.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:17:43 PM by simon.snake » Logged

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:25:38 AM »

Do not worry it is clearly an innocent joke cheesy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:23:17 AM »

I'm iterating on what to say about this idea.

I'll post when I reach bailout.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
LhoghoNurbs
Safarist

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »

The fun will begin when you admit to your wife that Julia was actually .... a man!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: