Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:15:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: convergence of mathematics and art  (Read 1637 times)
Description: the road to autosimilarity in 3D
mfg
Explorer

« on: April 22, 2012, 05:10:18 PM »

Good morning to you all,

Let me introduce myself: I am a physicist working on energy conservation and ultrafast phenomena in Mexico. In the past two decades, together with colleagues J.L. del Rio and E. Guillaumin, we generated fractals (that took from several minutes to several hours due to hardware limitations at the time) and  showed the hardcopy photographs in several local exhibitions. Sample photos of that epoch at http://luz.izt.uam.mx/gallery2/v/loc_001/fractales/.

This forum: I was delighted to read the thread that led to the mandelbub formulae. Also, the renderings produced by some of you are extraordinary. And even more, the software that some of you are producing to visualize 3D objects is most interesting. Open source collaborative work brings together our different abilities and creates extraordinary projects. Congratulations!

In the next few months I will post some contributions that I hope will pave the way towards three dimensional fractals that exhibit auto-similarity features.

yours,
manuel
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I look forward to seeing your works.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: