Logo by Mahmut - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 02:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: animation/export jpg  (Read 2509 times)
alandub
« on: April 20, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »

Hi

I would be super grateful for some advice regarding Fragmentarium- I wish to make some simple animations of fractals by just export a sequence of jpeg/png etc but cant figure out how to do it? I have managed to export 1 picture but it is of the whole application (like a screen shot) rather than the just the image being rendered.

if anyone could just give a simple example of how to animate the fractals and then export them as images I would be very grtaeful!

Thanks

Alan
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »

Animation is *very* primitive at the moment.

Try opening the 'Tutorials / Dynamic System.frag" system. This system uses the 'uniform float time;' variable to create a simple animation.
Now press the animation button. When you move the slider, you can see the system react, and you can set the desired frames per second, and animation length.

If you now press the record button (the 'o' button), the system will ask for filename. Specify a filename (e.g. "anim.png"), and Fragmentarium will start saving images (named "anim1.jpg", "anim2.jpg", "anim3.jpg",...) for each frame.

So if you want do a fractal animation, you must programmatically set some parameters (e.g. a rotation, or other parameter) based on the 'time' variable.

alandub
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:58:23 PM »

Hi

Many thanks the reply! Playing around with  'time' variable and looking good- need some advice with the output however, my renders look like the attached jpgs instead of a normal fullscreen render like the link below

http://blog.hvidtfeldts.net/uploads/2011/08/sketch-16.png

appreciate the help--and thanks for this great app!

Alan

* dystopia026.jpg (54.51 KB, 558x358 - viewed 577 times.)
alandub
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »

ahh got it working by going to full screen and closing the parameters window--thanks for this amazing software!
best
Alan

* dip003.jpg (125.63 KB, 1360x768 - viewed 789 times.)
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 12:08:15 PM »

Glad you liked it :-) But there is something very puzzling with your first image - I just grab the OpenGL framebuffer and store it as a file, so all the user interface widgets should not be present?

What happens if you do a 'Render | High Resolution Render...' - does the image here turn out okay (it is captured the same way as above, and stitched together)?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: