END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:29:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 100 percent wet  (Read 1249 times)
Description: 10 min mandelbulb music vid
Nordenstam
Forums Newbie

« on: April 19, 2012, 11:57:05 PM »

Hello forum!

Been lurking and using the search form for a while. Thanks for all the great info and the magnificent 3D fractals at large! Am too busy these days to actively participate in online communities. Hope it's alright to make this post as a lurker.

Spent some ages in mandelbulber to make this music vid:

EDIT: new video link 1080p render
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEx_wNu4p_Y&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dEx_wNu4p_Y&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Thought you guys may enjoy. Or, you may, perhaps, concur with the person who exclaimed; "are you kidding? 10 minutes of THAT?" <grin>

edit: scroll down for update and new download link smiley

Best regards,

Andreas Nordenstam
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:18:44 AM by Nordenstam » Logged
fastrail
Alien

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »

really cool!

i prefer such long pieces over the 3-minutes-ones. especially the hypnotic parts from about 5:40 till 7:30 are awesome. fits well with the music and your smooth transistions and movements are just great. i have some experience with mandelbulber myself and i know that it's not super easy to keep the "flow" over such a long time while still changing patterns. congrats!

as for the download option: do you publish it under some cc-license or is this just for better viewing experience?
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:56:22 AM »

I think I missed this. This is really fantastic.

Nordenstam
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »

Thanks for the thumbs ups! *beams*

Fastrail; it took quite a bit of effort to get the flow, indeed. Many parameter changes are spanning across more than the two keyframe flow the automorphing provides. Making it somehow fit the music was even harder yet! No matter how much I previewed, it wasn't quite the same as seeing the full 720p animation. Reworked some parts as the full rendering progressed, backtracking half thousand frames here, a thousand frames there.. Phew!

The mp4 download is for better viewing and listening experience. The (C) in there is a normal copyright, except that I've obviously granted permission to download the file from my site. Personal noncommercial use, et cetera.

Cheers,

Andreas
Nordenstam
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »

Hello again.

Am mighty pleased to present the new edition of this vid. Previous 720p render was but a mere thumbnail compared to this! 10 minutes continuous ultra resolved 1080p fractal smoothness rendered at 5760*3240. 8 months on fast 'puter.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEx_wNu4p_Y&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dEx_wNu4p_Y&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

2 gig mp4 download (peaking at around 2x blueray spec) available here

Best regards,

Andreas Nordenstam

(more at nordenstam.org)
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:50 AM »

Impressive, very smooth smiley smiley
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 08:39:49 AM »

Lovely! Nice to see some low-action mandelbulb animations!
Music fits the scenes great!  A Beer Cup

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: