Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 09:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fragmentarium 0.9.1 Released  (Read 4714 times)
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »

Thank you.
With the workarounds you gave, my suggestion is no longer a "priority", but it would be nice (and natural) to have, at some point, sampling parameters defined with the textures (and back buffer).

I was thinking about the possibility to do some simulations just like the cellular automata example (fluids, water effect, reaction-diffusion...etc.). Some may require extra render targets but hopefully not all of them.  smiley
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 03:03:01 PM »

I think I'll implement a simple solution with a new pseudo-preprocessor command and standard OpenGL naming, like:

Code:
#glTexParameter mytextureName GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER GL_NEAREST
#glTexParameter mytextureName GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S GL_CLAMP

Only clamp and linear wrapping will be supported, since these are the ones I need for setting up my equirectangular textures.

I was thinking about the possibility to do some simulations just like the cellular automata example (fluids, water effect, reaction-diffusion...etc.). Some may require extra render targets but hopefully not all of them.  smiley

A more flexible way of setting up several passes and targets would be nice indeed. But I think it would complicate my current code and syntax a lot :-)
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »

I agree!
BTW, that last build of fragmentarium works perfectly on my machine, even with refresh time set to 5ms. (I will try lower values)
Loadus
Forums Freshman

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »

@Syntopia:
Just dropping in to say huge thanks for this awesome program, been a fan of Structure Synth for a long time and it was a real treat to see you cooking up completely new stuff. ^.^

Lost some good night's sleep while staying up and rendering some awesome hires fractals with this baby (I second the idea of saving individual tiles - one can then use external software like Imagemagick to stitch the tiles).

Good work!

Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »

Thanks, Loadus - I'll look into the individual tile saving - should be quite easy to do :-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: