Logo by haltenny - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 07:11:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FractalForums Chatroom  (Read 2986 times)
Description: FractalForums Chatroom
Pangaea
Navigator

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »

Just another update. (sorry to keep bumping, tho its not my intention to bump, rather inform folks of any developments)

I Have added a significant amount of information under the Chat box to help newcomers to the chatroom understand whats what. I have also greatly expanded on the services available, what they do and how to use them.

There are some aspects I still need to write a little bit of text on but for now its enough information for most people.

I will constantly update the information there as I develop things

regards

EDIT
Update for 7th April:
Just a small update. have added automatic rss feed announcements , so when folks are chatting away MandleBot (the chat room services bot) will automaticly announce any new post or post replies into the chatroom along with a click-able link.. as an example:

<MandleBot> Forum News: Re: Most powerful computer possible for a reasonable price - http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?top
<MandleBot> Forum News: Re: "We Have Lift-Off" - http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?topic=11414.msg45576#msg45576

have also added a "!checktime (name)" tool, so you can type this to see someone local time.
as an example.
<Pangaea> !checktime Pangaea
<MandleBot> Pangaea's time and date: (Sat Apr 07 01:10:24 2012)

regards
pan

EDIT
Update for 8th April:
Well Im not sure if people are going to try this out or what, but Ill give it another week.. so lets say Monday 16th April.. (ill let another weekend roll by.. since perhaps folks might be around more at the weekends)... if its still not used.. i may as well take it offline..
Im trying my best to try to be around most of the time hoping to catch ppl who join as to welcome them.. but its a little frustrating hanging around waiting to welcome folks who dont come, then wasting a day when I could be doing other stuff .
Anyway .. hope by next weekends things pick up a little. smiley
regards

EDIT
Final Update for 9th April:
Well on 2nd thought Im not even sure if I want to wait around all week and next weekend for people not to join as to make sure im there to welcome them. I guess there's a whole lot more better things I could be doing with that time. Anyway I tried my best to provide an interesting service, but its become crystal clear to me that there is absolutely no interest whatsoever in it despite the initial interest from a few people including the forum owner who never gave it much of a go , if at all. It was based on that interest i put the work into it.. I see that was also a waste of my time..
Anyway I see no point in waiting till next Monday at this stage... so the chat service is now unavailable.

If in the future there is some "serious" interest, ill be more then happy to help out.
Perhaps it might be a good idea for an admin to delete this whole thread/topic as to avoid disappointment to someone who might still be interested in the idea by reading the thread title.

regards
pan.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:38:55 PM by Pangaea » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: