Logo by mrob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal Science Kit 1.0 Released  (Read 2890 times)
Description: Fractal Science Kit 1.0 Released
Ross Hilbert
Fractal Phenom

« on: June 30, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »

Hi,

I have just released the Fractal Science Kit 1.0 and thought you might be interested in taking a look. The Fractal Science Kit provides an interactive programming environment with windows for viewing the fractal image, modifying the properties that define the fractal, examining the data behind the fractal, and viewing/editing the programs, macros (inline functions/methods), and color gradients, used by the Fractal Science Kit to produce the final image.

The programming language you use to develop your programs, supports a complete set of control structures including if statements, while loops, for loops, switch statements, inline functions/methods, arrays, and user defined objects. The complex data type is the fundamental variable type, and arithmetic operators and functions handle complex operands/arguments. A rich set of built-in functions/methods are included, and you can develop your own library of functions/methods for use throughout the application.

During the development of the application, I developed 100s of sample programs to illustrate how the application can be used to generate many different types of fractals including: Mandelbrot, Julia, Convergent, Newton, Orbit Traps, Sierpinski Triangle, IFS, Strange Attractors, Rep-N Tiles, Symmetric Icons, Apollonian Gasket, Circle Inversion, Schottky Group, Kleinian Group, L-System and many more.

For additional details visit the web site at www.fractalsciencekit.com. The web site contains a complete description of the product and provides the full documentation, galleries, and tutorials.

Please help support my work by linking to my site!

Thanks,

Ross Hilbert
hilbert@fractalsciencekit.com
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

That looks like a nice way to get started learning to program your own Fractal Generator.

You should post some of the images in the gallery here, or even in the Images Showcase section.

Nice variety.

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck with the project.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Ross Hilbert
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:59:29 AM »

Thanks,

Ok, I just created a small gallery of images on this site.
It's in the Member Galleries area under my name (Ross Hilbert).
These images and many more can be found at www.fractalsciencekit.com.
While you're there, check out the tutorials and product documentation.

Ross Hilbert
hilbert@fractalsciencekit.com
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »

Thank´s for * Info * here - I am sure, I will have a try :-)))
Margit
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 12:15:38 AM »

too bad...  cheesy i have just destroyed some svnhosts ... my installer makes problems when installing the product ....
hmm, have to fix that, this looks like a great program, i have to go and reboot the other system ...  alien alien alien

but i had a quick laugh when browsing the site, hehe, when looking for help the help text is without LINKS cheesy cheesy cheesy
this would be nice if there would be straight links to the download position with a #anchor
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:17:36 AM by Trifox » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
MattSchultz
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »

Most impressive indeed. I will have to look into this when I have a few moments (right now I have none).

//Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: