Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Ultra Fractal 5 is released  (Read 3061 times)
Description: New software update
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« on: June 25, 2008, 12:46:28 PM »

Hi all,

Ultra Fractal 5 is released:

http://www.ultrafractal.com/

The new version of Ultrafractal features classes and objects i.e. OOP to the programmers reading this.

For all you non-programmers out there this means that you now have "plug-in" objects for formulas and colourings.

As an example there is a "Gradient Slope" object formula that allows you to use any main formula object and and colouring formula object and colours the fractal using the "slope" method - so you can get "slope" not only on any object formula but also for say "Orbit Traps" or "Triangle Inequality Average" or any object colouring.

It opens up possibilities you could only previously dream of, whether you're a fractal programmer or fractal artist.

bye
Dave

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »

Thank´s for Info David :-)))

I made an Upgrade the last days and agree with you: UF 5 is r e a l l y
g r e a t ! :-)

Especially I like the new Browser with previews for Formulas, Parameters & Fractals .
Different Rating´s with the * Right Mouse Click * & using images here are also fine :-)
Margit
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:52:22 PM »

to be honest, i think ultrafractal is such a perfect tool, it is the photoshop under the fractal programs cheesy
fascinating that it is a delphi program ...
great work frederik cheesy

afro afro

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:55:29 PM »

to be honest, i think ultrafractal is such a perfect tool, it is the photoshop under the fractal programs cheesy
great work frederik cheesy

afro afro

Just to be really pedantic, that should be "it is the photoshop of fractal programs" wink
And I agree, except it's now even better than that !

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »

Just to be really pedantic, that should be "it is the photoshop of fractal programs" wink
And I agree, except it's now even better than that !
lol, i always try to keep off straight german translations of my english ... but i simply can't  cry sad
 afro

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 11:01:07 PM »

Interesting analogy.

I never use photoshop (or any adobe products!) nor do I use UltraFractal (but Ultraman was a Favorite TV Show as a child - it still is too!) (but Space Giants is better!!).

I wonder if there is some sort of Cosmic Hippy Parallel going on here...  afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
MattSchultz
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 11:20:36 AM »

Delphi was really the only easy, non-vb (vb basically sucks) way of doing a UI before .Net. I'm not surprised if the UI is in delphi (I think the engine is C, however, as delphi, being non-native, is not smashingly fast). MFC and ALT were both way complicated - to the point where programmers really had to spend way too much time dealing with the crapwork of UI, rather than simply designing and making things work, so they can get on to writing other stuff.

In modern times, Delphi compiles to .Net, allowing it to take advantage of the awesomeness of .Net as well. It appears that Ultrafractal ops to use the Delphi runtime instead, but, since it is regularly updated to modern standards, changing it would be rather simple.

On an unrealated note, thumbnail view rocks my socks, as does image import, and layer multi-select. Layer grouping is cool too. dancing banana
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: