Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: negative mandelbulb - has anyone expored a bulb from inside out?  (Read 1432 times)
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« on: March 14, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »

Is it possible to make the void area surrounding the mandelbulb a solid, and to to make the actual mandelbulb a void, and then to place the camera within the bulb and explore from inside out?

I think the nature of the surfaces would be completely different as viewed from inside, because it would be more spikey and have millions of concave recesses, rather more like the 2d mandelbulb looks like.

are there already inverse bulbs?

* inverse 2.jpg (63.27 KB, 1036x641 - viewed 151 times.)

* inverse1.jpg (59.34 KB, 806x596 - viewed 159 times.)
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »

Yes, some of the images on Daniel White's site are inside renders, search for 'inside' on this page: http://www.skytopia.com/project/fractal/mandelbulb.html

And yes, they do look great!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »

has any 3d renderer implemented pre-transforms ? e.g. z=1/z before iteration ?!?!?

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 03:55:29 AM »

oooh i found the inside one when i knew what to look for. (incidentally did you see the google chrome experiments interactive   http://www.chromeexperiments.com/detail/the-rational-keyboard/ )

here is the closest i have seen to the 3d textures of an inverse bulb, image by jos leys from miquel''s page:
http://www.miqel.com/images_1/fractal_math_patterns/3-dimensional-fractal/mandelbulbs_sliced.jpg

cKleinhuis i dont understand the maths, i will have a go at this z=1/z.  How it possible to do a spherical 3d bulb based on the first image in yellow and also from these ones? http://paulbourke.net/fractals/mandelbrot/inverse.gif
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:02:05 AM by Mrz00m » Logged
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:57:50 AM »

Hello Mrz00m

This idea is as old as the mandelbulb itself...
Today you can explore the inside of most fractals with mandelbulb 3D.
Here are some images I did with MB3D:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=6008
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=5931

You should also check out Trafassels and Buddhis images and videos here on fractalforums, they have done many beautiful inside shots.

Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »

oh that's excellent, sorry i thought there must be some internal views of bulbs around but i didnt know what i was looking at when i saw them because i thought they would look completely different, i thought it would be as equally spikey as the mandelbulb is blobby. it confirms that the bulb has elements of a quaternion transformation stretching joining together some very recursive areas. It would be nice to see some 3d versions of the spirals from the 2d mandelbrot, i think that bib did some vids of various spirals, but i am still waiting to see some parameters for some spirals?!

what about an actual self contained 3d version of of 1/z and 1/c to power of 8?

the inside and out prove that the specific shapes of the 2d set cant's be observed as from a theoretical "inside" or "ourside" of the bug because the 2d mset shape is only the form of the border that cant be seen from within or wihout.

here are some shapes from sphereinvY/intpow/yplussinz

* jpg doody.jpg (104.46 KB, 800x600 - viewed 135 times.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:53:17 AM by Mrz00m » Logged
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »

Jesse did it a long ago!

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=5864

the wave the wave the wave

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »

here are some shapes from sphereinvY/intpow/yplussinz

sphereinvY is not a sphere inversion, more a curious 3D transform I found by accident wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:37 PM »

oh, it's seems to produce almost the same effect as a 1/x reciprocal y formula if placed before the bulb iteration, except that reciprocal X and Y extend to infinity so the features further from the origin are all smudged whereas the sphereinvY does a reciprocal y function but rounds it beyond y>1 into a bubble, it is great! i thought that it might make a radial symmetry of a sphere over itself so that all the sphere coords near the boundry are reflected to the centre and the points at the centre become the new sphere boundry. is there a symmetry of a sphere so that the axis of symmetry is the actual boundary of the sphere?
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »

has any 3d renderer implemented pre-transforms ? e.g. z=1/z before iteration ?!?!?
I would suggest using c=recip(pixel); as pre transform. I did that on Chaos pro. It looks better than c=1/pixel. Aof corse in quaternionic numbers.

fractal catalisator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: