Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 07:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Smooth Transformations?  (Read 1078 times)
Weber
Conqueror

Just floating around

« on: March 14, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »

Alright so I'm experimenting with animating a fractal while applying transformations.  So my basic question is what is a good technique for smooth transformations during the animation sequence?  Like how do i make it so it's constantly moving/evolving?  I'm sure it has something to do with the key frames, but I'm not exactly sure how to get it looking really smooth.  Right now my transforms seem to happen suddenly when it arrives at such and such key frame.  I want it to slowly morph into the next shape without just jumping there suddenly.  I hope I explained my question well enough.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »

The simple answer is:
All integer parameters will not interpolated smoothly, all floats does.

The difficulty is that you don't always see what the parameter is like, the easiest way is to go to the navi, expand the sidepanel and adjust the formula values.  You can see if these values bahave continuous or like integers.

There might be also non-formulas integer values in the program, but i have not all in my mind, just try out.  wink
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 10:35:13 PM »

this question is periodically popping up here... smiley
Some ints were used for performance, some are just choices
and ask for precise things please, we waste time answering to generic questions

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Weber
Conqueror

Just floating around

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:10:19 PM »

I guess my question was too basic.  I just found the controls with all the sliders in the navi window.  I just literally didn't know how to apply transforms until now.  Sorry for the confusing question.  Thanks for all the help.   smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: