Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 05:34:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Slowness of some formulas and parameters. reasons?  (Read 3116 times)
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« on: March 06, 2012, 06:11:33 AM »

Some parameters render very slowly and in a grainy way, even though the DE looks simple and uncluttered and the surfaces are smooth and shouldnt be grainy, i have to put the raystep multiplier right down to 0.02 to get a smooth pic and the render takes 3 hours for a high quality image.

What are the reasons for a mix of formulas going slowly? i.e. i know devide and exp are slow, can you explain practically what formulas etc will tend to be slow for those reasons?

what other reasons?

any tips and tricks to make slow formulas go faster? why do i have to put raystep multiplier to 0.025?

i.e. here is a slow one, why is it slow? any ways of speeding up the rendering?

Code:
Mandelbulb3Dv17{
V.....S....O/...M7...2.....ZJqmQgQ1..HH.ZdzD8I.EV4/8IQiPXyXyPJGBUBgyz2QnGCH6ekyj
................................cKO7OQou9.2........Y./..................y.2.....
................/M.0/....6Ut/...//....E4.....w4VEheRUHpD/.EJeNaD...G2dkpXm1....U
z.....cD32../2.........sz...................E.2............u1....y1...sD...../..
.w1...sDNVXdOI97nwHx8hJiPuMxyMDdYw0PFFpD4v88FehY1x9maxj2jHZIz2kOQU4l0.mDtYo3y/ln
FxvUlITwYSzEzC/BcTqxk3nD......Im..............kD.2....sD..kz....................
.............oAnAr1...sD....z.lRp4.grJP.EVLh/.DSp4.YtJP.kcLh/.hSp4EJeNaD9....k1.
................0/kz.wzzz1UL..6......M/....D....i....Q9...kF....mzzzzzIB...9bH52
...U.0.MzzDg./kz...Uz13...6.1c..zzzz...0.p4HE3zD.YqulQA8Sz9..........2k.8.kXWF1.
.sM93P58iz9.MmnWK2zwz0........../.U0.kJK7/..fjrwdvgqz..0.p4HE3zD..........E6nUGy
PQ0A..............cXcESLfz9.nmPes1...L0/cwjRO32..EPew3ErO.A.mnyLrTkrz.EoETy725zD
3E18zPbK//..BUuLumo4.1.lX7hZo8.k.sv8DLHSmz1..cLeU0.wk1D.zz/Hu32.k1Dw.szDoqMG..Dw
k1EzT/agC/.wk1D.Qsrb344.k1Dw..bTD3Ic..Dwk1.lyJrQF0.wk1D.MwLTK/9.k1Dw.kqT1CpX..Dw
k1.kz/7ba/.wk1D....s....zz/..wD.yz1.s0..xzJrf0...61Aic4Qb/......................
E....M....k.....I....U....EE0x4SHpqPjF5O4x4PY/........................k/..U..6..
...................yzcNaNaNaNaxDOaNaNaNaZz1..................U/E........kz1.....
...2.dNaNaNaNavD................................................................
.....................2.....3....2....w3Gj/rIl75RO/kQaxaQh/......................
.....MU/4MU/4......................................wz.........zD........kz9.....
...wz0..................y.2.......UD./.......s1E................................
................................/....E/...E.....T7LNXZ4QmxqMVl4Km.UA............
.................k.1Ak.1A.......OaNaNaNaty1........wz........E/EnAnAnAnAnz1.....
...sz0.............................szcjTel9RHWuD..........2........../..........
..........................................E.....I....E....kL6x4QH3bQoV3.gdZA....
...................................................../..................kz1.....
...3./..........................................................................
.....................................................2.....3....1....wZIjFLMoJ4.
WJaQo/..........................4MU/.MU/4MU/4...................................
..............zD................................................................
..........2........wz...........................................1.........U.....
7t4RZRKNm/0IjRLNm/UAnp4...................U0..............................2.....
..U7.f8HMViSqiyD..................cF./.......O2E.......U4/2.....................
............................................................................}
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:16:19 AM by Mrz00m » Logged
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »

Some parameters render very slowly and in a grainy way, even though the DE looks simple and uncluttered and the surfaces are smooth and shouldnt be grainy, i have to put the raystep multiplier right down to 0.02 to get a smooth pic and the render takes 3 hours for a high quality image.

What are the reasons for a mix of formulas going slowly? i.e. i know devide and exp are slow, can you explain practically what formulas etc will tend to be slow for those reasons?

what other reasons?

any tips and tricks to make slow formulas go faster? why do i have to put raystep multiplier to 0.025?

i.e. here is a slow one, why is it slow? any ways of speeding up the rendering?

Hey everybody is wondering why... It's too complicated to explain btw! Moving this to  the right section! police

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:10:21 PM »

Some parameters render very slowly and in a grainy way

yep, they sure do, learn to live with it and which ones to stay away from.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:33:07 PM »

It is not that complicate to explain, basically it is because of bad distance estimates.
For formulas that are non-analytic and hyrids with those, the local 3d gradient of the vector length after bailout is used to get a more or less accurate distance, the fractal border should be.
Some formulas like the reciprocal ones makes this calculation fully inaccurate because flipping the real distance by the transformation, making the internal metric to the outside for example -> point zero becomes infinity.

Maybe there are some cooler mathematic equations that can handle those formulas and hybrids better in a general way, if i had 3 brains and four lives i would spend one for this issue.  smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: