Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 11:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: this thread is dead please remove  (Read 6874 times)
Description: mastering free transform fractals first edition a tad incompleat more to come
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »

Photoshop is like the infinite copy machine

that's whats so special

Yes, but there is a big limit, every copy occupies some memory, so your "fractal" mem size will grow exponentially (or with the factorial, or even more shocked ) of the iterations, and the time that you "waste" putting identical layers will also grow infinitely. Why, when you can use a program like all other humans and use your time better agree dance moves

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »

Yes, but there is a big limit, every copy occupies some memory, so your "fractal" mem size will grow exponentially (or with the factorial, or even more shocked ) of the iterations, and the time that you "waste" putting identical layers will also grow infinitely. Why, when you can use a program like all other humans and use your time better agree dance moves

I agree with all of that except "use your time better" - if he enjoys doing it - then there is no better use of your time!

It comes back to the question asked earlier about whether the process matters when creating a piece of Art.  If the end product is all that matters to you, then you are correct, but if the process of creating it is fun and you enjoy it - then it is the best possible use of your time.  And you gets a purty pixture to look at when you are done   afro

I have had many discussions at Art Forums about whether the finished piece even matters at all, and the act of creating it is the True Art.  Art is a Process as much as a finished product.  It is a Verb as much as a Noun! 

This is an Age-Old Debate, and I believe both aspects are important, but the most important is what the Artist gets from the time spent making stuff.  Art creates pretty pictures, but it also creates a State of Mind in the Artist.  To many that is the only important thing.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »

Okay, in the sense; "Leave all the hard job to the computer ... and use your time to make love" wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »

at darkbeam

i found ways around all those problems they involve smart objects for gaskets and subtractive noise shaping for iterations too small to see well

thats why these are q fractals they are partially faked see my http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=6103

ok update

i challenged myself and made one without faking in 20 minutes although that was just the gasket the entire thing took about an hour because I erased something i should not have lol  wink

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=10612   

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:24:58 PM by matty686, Reason: new fractal » Logged

open-source rocks
matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »

one word GIMP!   

so anyway the Apollonian gasket issue forced me to think outside the  photoshop  lol

it soon became clear to me that with the right keyboard shortcuts assigned that gimp's image pipe brush

does the the same thing as Photoshop's transform tool but it does it much faster

have fun everybody i hope you enjoy the better workflow

you may still need Photoshop at times for measuring

i am also working on a way to integrate another well known open source program so you wont need photoshop

is anyone familiar with blender  hmm (3d image plains perhaps )     

open-source rocks
Erisian
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »

Blender's cool and I'm glad you're getting on with Gimp.  These two are my favourite OS software and well worth having.  Nice to know Gimp does something better than Photoshop.
matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »

some times one needs to step back and learn

open-source rocks
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: