Logo by mjk1093 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:26:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Sand Sculpture  (Read 1748 times)
_db_
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »

Not much to say about this one...

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 12:07:19 PM »

That's nice!

It makes me want to visit the Ocean... It's been a long time and I miss Her! cry

What program made the image?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
_db_
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 03:50:03 AM »

That's nice!

It makes me want to visit the Ocean... It's been a long time and I miss Her! cry

What program made the image?

Thanks Sockratease.  It's done with UF4. Although I have played with Apo, I'm just working with UF these days, trying to get some familiarity with the possibilities it provides.
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »

DB - I really like this work :-)))

It reminds me at a lot of * Sand photos * I made these last years , whenever the spirals where not so perfect here :-)
Margit
MattSchultz
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »

This is an amazing work, almost photorealistic.

I think the thing that would make it perfect (as it is, I say 9.9/10) would be to lightly boost the completely black areas and then add the texture to them. As nothing in nature is ever totally black, this would make it absolutely perfect. I can see it being rather hard to do right though, and the image is still absolutely excellent as it is. Great work!

ps - I try to comment specifically when I have an idea that might improve a work, not because I am a nit pick, but because I most appreciate it when others do the same for me (the best comment you can ever leave me is "This blows, and here's why:"). That said, I mean absolutely no offense, and I do apologize if you would prefer me not make suggestions in comments. I can delete my posts very quickly and will do so without hesitation if asked.
_db_
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 02:08:58 AM »

Thanks Margit and Matt for your very kind words.

Matt, I always appreciate when anyone takes the time to consider my art and give thoughtful critical feedback on it. I went back and looked at a 2400x2400 render and my concern is that adding transparency would reduce the size and visual weight of the dark elements. It's a close call.

BTW, realism isn't as important to me as evoking an association. I can see this one as Zenga rather than a 'photograph'.

Thanks again for the input and feel free to comment on anything I post.

cheers,

db
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: