Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 06:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Save parameters + Png + Zbuffer + ...  (Read 5909 times)
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »

1)
Apparently M3D doesn't strictly need to use a exotic file format as M3p to load and save parameters but may use also  the more simple and easy to share txt format

But while saving parameter as M3p is straight save as txt is a bit a pain because:
1 you need to copy first
2 then open a txt editor because windows clipboard is tricky (conserve only 1 item and delete the previous without warning )
3 then paste+save remembering to use the same name of the image (or may become hard trace the corresponding image )

Here the question is :
would be no possible simplify and directly use txt format to save parameters ?

-------------------------------------------------------
2)
And would be  possible modify the cool "save jpg+ parameters" option to extend its functionality ?

i would love   "save jpg+ parameters" replaced by a "save everything" (or "save project") option that would save :

the M3D image,
 a png copy,
 the z-buffer,
 the parameters ,
 the light setting
 everything with the same name in the same directory

I suggest because i hope may be not too complex to implement

if is it possible to avoid the Zbuffer overwrite the image  saved with the same place with same name and same format (i.e png) i would be sufficient add "zb" as postfix to the zbuffer image name

PS or maybe is already possible use some sort of macro to get 2 ?
if possible..i am lost with macro someone maybe may create 1 for "save all project" ?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:44:33 PM by PhotoComix » Logged
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 03:53:30 PM »

the M3D image,
 a png copy,
 the z-buffer,
 the parameters ,
 the light setting
 everything with the same name in the same directory

Why you need the z-buffer? You can already save image+params and no need to complicate the save menu anymore

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »

Why you need the z-buffer? You can already save image+params and no need to complicate the save menu anymore

Z-Buffer images are real handy in post-work using big fancy software like After Effects.  It can do everything from directing effects to guiding depth of field to even other   afro

I like the idea of saving all project settings at once, even an associated m3a or m3v from the same effort  (and even the current 3DNav view if different from last "send to main" - but that is absurdistly retentive of me, I admit).

No idea what that would entail though, probably manually adding each item one at a time in the coding, then nesting it.  Sounds tedious, and I'm sure Jesse has better things to do.  But it would get use if it ever happened...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »

i won't say anything about the sense of such a button, but please don't replace anything. i use the jpg + para sometimes to put work into archieve, when publication is done.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 12:52:43 AM »

Lights and Gradient settings are saved in M3p files, also Lights and gradients can be saved seperately in lights files, why should time be wasted doing this when it's all there already, just not with a single click, big deal, click a few buttons instead of one.
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:18:23 AM »

all the replies are about part 2 of my post what about the first part ?
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »

I understand the question, but why do you want to save params as txt?

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »

One cool thing would be to be able to load settings by opening a png with embeded params. If such a feature was ever implemented I could browse through my renders with xnview and could open the params by launching m3d from its toolbar. That would not be cool but super cool actually.  afro

A Beer Cup
lenord
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 06:31:40 PM »

I understand the question, but why do you want to save params as txt?

That's my question, you can always save the text params and look at them all you want but the Program needs the M3p code to run them why make the program do a convert when it doesn't need to.
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 01:57:50 AM »

That's my question, you can always save the text params and look at them all you want but the Program needs the M3p code to run them

Hu ? if so how is possible that i could recreate your images by copy and paste (with the "txt" button ) the parametethers that you posted as txt as comment to your images ?
without have access to your m3p code?

i am missing something ?

my problem is that if i didn't save the parameters as txt i can't share (easily) them, and to recover the parameter as txt file i need to render again a image already rendered and saved

lenord
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 02:57:57 AM »

Hu ? if so how is possible that i could recreate your images by copy and paste (with the "txt" button ) the parametethers that you posted as txt as comment to your images ?
without have access to your m3p code?

i am missing something ?

my problem is that if i didn't save the parameters as txt i can't share (easily) them, and to recover the parameter as txt file i need to render again a image already rendered and saved

M3P files do not equal Text files to the program. M3P files are Code difining the Formulas and settings used by the program (program language) to run. Saving Params to text or Loading text params takes a Convrsion from or to the Language the Program runs on.
You don't have to render again to share a Paraam Text file just load it and then click save as text.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:00:07 AM by lenord » Logged
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »

Thank a lot to explain !

You don't have to render again to share a Param Text file just load it and then click save as text.

Really a precious tip for me
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 01:18:57 PM »

I fear this discussion derailed a bit, also my fault because phrases as that about "replace the save jpg+ parameter button " were misleading.

I may explain better now in a few lines:
i was  no asking any new function , it would be a nonsense because  are already all well implemented in M3D:
there is the option to save the image as M3i , as png with parameter, to save lo z-buffer, the lights seems impossible pretend more.

My wish  was  for a sort of macro to call more then one (all those useful to save and share a project) with a single command.

Yes i fear that in case a similar Macro may written only by Jesse but i was hoping that was no  more complex than a macro

EDIT

same result from a different prospective :
actually all the buttons for save are radio buttons, choosing one disable the others.
If were boxes (or not-radio buttons ,here i believe boxes more self-explicative ) would become possible execute any desired combination with a single command
 dancing banana sweet music   dancing chilli

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:31:43 PM by PhotoComix » Logged
Jakeukalane
Forums Newbie

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 06:10:14 AM »

Sorry for necromancing this but if there is anyone out there that could do this it would be so savetiming for me.

I see this as a new save options not as replace. It can also have new fancy stuff as help to name the output by adding outmatically the dates of the render and maybe tweak authors, previous name and your name for the file.

I see this like a "save project" already mentioned. But you can have this as an option and you mark the output you want so you can select: m3l, m3i, m3p, png, jpg, zbuf (also a txt will be pretty cool because of already mentioned) but you can set your own (you don't want png or zbuf). All of this with check box.

Also, if would be a  text file archive, I would suggest to add the formulas and the iterations of each one.

greetings
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: